About This Chapter
Virginia Communication & Literacy Assessment (VCLA) Flashcards - Summary
If you need to get ready for the Virginia Communication and Literacy Assessment (VCLA), try studying with this collection of helpful flashcard sets. As you prepare for the test, use the flashcards to reinforce your understanding of essential reading comprehension and writing strategies. The flashcards cover many VCLA topics, including:
- Word meaning
- Main ideas and supporting details
- Text summarization and analysis
- Grammar and punctuation
- Essay writing and revision
How They Work
As you prepare for the VCLA, follow these steps for each communication and literacy flashcard set:
- Open a flashcard set for the VCLA topic you're studying.
- Identify the communication and literacy term or concept on the flashcard.
- Click the button to flip the card and view the answer.
- Select whether you got it right or missed it to keep track of your progress.
- Click the Next arrow to proceed through the flashcard set.
- Review the cards you missed or shuffle all cards back in and go through them again.
Flashcards - Main Idea & Supporting Details in Written Works
Flashcards - Analysis & Evaluation of Text
Flashcards - Summarizing & Analyzing Textual Information
Flashcards - Organizing a Written Work
Flashcards - Grammar and Usage
Flashcards - Elements of Punctuation & Grammar
Flashcards - Revising & Editing Your Writing
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Virginia Communication & Literacy Assessment (VCLA): Practice & Study Guide course
- Understanding Meaning of Words & Phrases
- Main Idea & Supporting Details in Written Works
- Analysis & Evaluation of Text
- Summarizing & Analyzing Textual Information
- Writing Knowledge & Proficiency
- Organizing a Written Work
- Grammar and Usage
- Elements of Punctuation & Grammar
- Revising & Editing Your Writing
- Effective Essay Writing