About This Chapter
Virginia Real Estate Licensing and Disclosure Requirements - Chapter Summary
The lessons in this chapter will help you as you review Virginia real estate licensing and disclosure requirements. You'll study the types of activities that require a license as well as how renewal, maintenance, and continue education works. After completing the lessons, you should be able to do the following:
- Explain Virginia real estate broker licensing requirements
- Understand disciplinary procedures for brokers in Virginia
- Summarize Virginia real estate record keeping requirements and learn who inspects them
- Discuss escrow and disclosure in Virginia real estate
- Define HOA and POA disclosures in Virginia real estate and understand their timing requirements
Our expert instructors have created engaging lessons to help you boost your understanding of Virginia real estate practices. Read the text lessons online, or print them off to study offline. The matching quizzes can check your progress and the chapter test can help you test your understanding of these requirements.
1. Virginia Real Estate Disciplinary Procedures & Sanctions
There are specific guidelines in Virginia for improper brokerage commission and improper dealing. These actions can result in disciplinary action and sanctions. Learn about those punishments in this lesson.
2. Escrow & Disclosure in Virginia Real Estate
In this lesson we will examine specific Virginia real estate law regarding real estate agent responsibilities for escrow account management and property disclosures.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Virginia Real Estate Broker License Exam: Study Guide course
- Property & Land Characteristics
- Air, Mineral & Water Rights in Real Estate
- Liens & Encumbrances in Real Estate
- Types of Property Ownership
- Real Estate Land Use Controls & Regulations
- Property Valuation & Appraisal
- Basic Real Estate Financing Terms & Concepts
- Types of Real Estate Loans
- Lending & Underwriting Processes
- Agency Relationships & Agreements
- Disclosures of Property Conditions
- Real Estate Sales Contracts
- Leasing & Property Management
- Real Estate Title Transfers
- Real Estate Practices
- Common Real Estate Calculations
- Virginia Real Estate Laws
- Virginia Real Estate Broker License Exam Flashcards