About This Chapter
Virtual Team Briefings - Chapter Summary
Show your company's supervisors important virtual team briefing concepts with this collection of convenient managerial training lessons. These lessons are taught by expert instructors who explain virtual team challenges, technologies, communication methods and leadership strategies.
The chapter is accessible at any time, and we've included short quizzes to help supervisors remember key concepts. You can use the lessons during training sessions, or they can be assigned to your supervisors individually.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: The lessons help supervisors become aware of technologies and challenges that are associated with virtual teams.
- Offers effective strategies: The chapter breaks down a handful of useful strategies for leading and communicating with virtual teams.
- Improves leadership skills: Supervisors will be able to quickly take away the chapter's concepts and become more effective virtual team leaders.
By the end of the chapter, your company's supervisors should be able to:
- Recognize challenges that are involved with virtual teams
- Discuss virtual meeting technology and strategies
- Use group communication and collaboration technologies
- Utilize communication strategies and tools for virtual teams
- Lead virtual teams
1. Challenges of Virtual Teams
Working on a virtual team can be challenging. Team members may be located in different time zones or have different expectations on how to complete an assigned project. This lesson discusses the challenges facing a virtual team and offers techniques for overcoming those challenges.
2. What Is a Virtual Meeting? - Technology & Strategies
A virtual meeting allows people and businesses from around the world to connect using video-teleconference software. Virtual meetings use video, audio, and text messaging technology for communication.
3. Technologies for Group Communication and Collaboration: Groupware, Teleconferencing & Virtual Worlds
Technologies for group communication and collaboration allow intricate business relationships to exist and deliver productivity no matter where the employee is located. Groupware, teleconferencing and virtual worlds are three ways that technology is changing the face of the workplace.
4. Communication Strategies for Virtual Teams
Communication is one of the factors that can make or break a virtual team. Having strategies to encourage and support the needed communication is vital for a virtual team's success. Use these tips to improve communication.
5. Communication Tools for Virtual Teams
Virtual teams are growing in popularity, requiring widespread implementation of communication tools to help the teams to be more effective. This lesson offers suggestions for using communication tools for virtual teams.
6. How to Lead Virtual Teams Effectively
Your team is spread out all over the world and it's your job to lead them effectively. This lesson offers three areas you can focus on to strengthen communication, loyalty, and team spirit.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.