About This Chapter
Virtual Teams & Project Management - Chapter Summary
In a global world, team members don't always have to be at the same location to work together. This chapter provides a thorough discussion of the concepts of virtual teams and project management. Our instructors have used their resources to build informative lessons that display the inner workings of virtual teams. Additionally, these lessons will go over important vocabulary words, strategies, and project management efficiency tactics. By mastering all the information in this chapter, you will have increased your knowledge of this topic and be prepared to do the following:
- Describe the benefits of virtual teams
- Identify the steps for organizing and planning a virtual team
- Analyze productivity tips for virtual team building
- Explain effective strategies for leading virtual teams
- Define the major communication strategies for virtual teams
- Examine the typical communication tools that virtual teams use
1. Advantages of Virtual Teams
Companies are looking for ways to reduce expenses, recruit more talented employees, and increase customer satisfaction. One emerging trend is the use of virtual teams. Read this lesson to learn about the advantages of a virtual team.
2. Planning & Organizing a Virtual Team
With more employees working from home and satellite offices, virtual teams are becoming common in business today. Virtual team success depends on creating work plans, work protocols, scheduling strategies, and technology plans.
3. Tips for Building Productive Virtual Teams
Virtual teams are trending in the business world. While just assembling a group of people does not always yield high productivity, implementing the right strategies may help to build a dynamic virtual team.
4. How to Lead Virtual Teams Effectively
Your team is spread out all over the world and it's your job to lead them effectively. This lesson offers three areas you can focus on to strengthen communication, loyalty, and team spirit.
5. Communication Strategies for Virtual Teams
Communication is one of the factors that can make or break a virtual team. Having strategies to encourage and support the needed communication is vital for a virtual team's success. Use these tips to improve communication.
6. Communication Tools for Virtual Teams
Virtual teams are growing in popularity, requiring widespread implementation of communication tools to help the teams to be more effective. This lesson offers suggestions for using communication tools for virtual teams.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 308: Globalization & International Management course
- Global Business Environments
- Global Leadership & Management
- Effect of Globalization on Organizations
- Global Trade & Business Law
- Global Business, Government & Society
- Foreign Exchange Market & Purchasing Power
- Global Marketing Basics
- Crisis Management and International Business
- Culture & Ethics in International Business
- Social Responsibility in Corporations
- Changes in the Global Marketplace
- Required Assignments for Business 308
- Studying for Business 308