About This Chapter
Virtualization for Business - Chapter Summary
Get an overview of business virtualization with this collection of short lessons and quizzes. These simple lessons outline the history and benefits of virtualization in business, as well as the concept of data center virtualization. To help you retain the terms and concepts you study, we've included short self-assessment quizzes throughout the chapter. These lessons are available at any time for day or night, and you can use any desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone to study. By the end of the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Understand the benefits of virtualization
- Summarize virtualization's history
- Define data center virtualization
1. Virtualization: Definition & Benefits
Virtualization is a hot topic these days, particularly in business. In this lesson, we'll take a look at virtualization, including what it is and some benefits of using it.
2. History of Virtualization: Overview & Timeline
In this lesson, we'll take a look at virtualization, what it is, when it began, and how it progressed over the years. At the end, you should have a good understanding of this important technology.
3. What is Data Center Virtualization?
Data center virtualization is often a fuzzy concept that's not easily understood. Simply stated, it refers to a data center consolidating what it does into less equipment. We'll look at this concept, along with some of its characteristics and a real world example.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UExcel Business Information Systems: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Introduction to Business Information Systems
- Computer-Based Information System Components
- Information Systems Application & Impact
- Information Systems Hardware
- Information Systems Software Programs
- Information Systems Software Applications
- Data Management in Information Systems
- Networking & Systems Technology
- Internet, Intranet, & Extranet
- Electronic & Mobile Commerce
- Enterprise Systems for Business
- Decision Making & Specialized Information Systems
- Systems Development Components & Lifecycle
- Personal & Social Impact of Computers
- UExcel Business Information Systems Flashcards