About This Chapter
Visual Aids & Technology for ELL Students - Chapter Summary
Consult this collection of convenient teacher resources to explore the use of visual aids and technology in ESL classrooms. Inside, you'll find short lessons that show you how to integrate technology, visual aids and graphic organizers into your ESL instruction. You'll also see how ESL students can benefit from current teaching technologies. The chapter can be accessed at any time, which helps you learn about ESL visual aids and technology whenever you have free time.
How It Helps
- Builds awareness: You'll become more familiar with the benefits of technology use in ESL classroom settings.
- Boosts technological skills: The chapter's resources explain technology functions in a way that's easy to understand and remember.
- Improves student performance: Applying these technologies can help your ELL students learn English more effectively.
When you're finished with the chapter, you should be able to:
- Engage ELL students with visual aids
- Teach ESL with graphic organizers
- Incorporate technology into your ESL classroom
- Recognize the benefits of using technology in ESL classrooms
1. Using Visual Aids with ELL Students
In this lesson, teachers will learn about the strategy of using visual aids in the classroom to help accommodate English Language Learner (ELL) students. This lesson will highlight some specific types of visual aids that teachers can consider using during their instruction.
2. Using Graphic Organizers to Teach ESL
Graphic organizers are visual tools used in the classroom to represent content material. This lesson identifies the different types of graphic organizers and ways to implement them effectively with ESL students.
3. Technology for ESL Students in the Classroom
Technology enables English language learners to use, practice, and perfect their English in engaging and effective ways. In this lesson, we'll discuss some easy ways to implement technology in the ESL classroom.
4. Benefits of Using Technology in the ESL Classroom
Technology is ubiquitous in the modern classroom. This lesson addresses how teachers can take advantage of the benefits of technology in an English as a Second Language (ESL) classroom.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Teaching Reading to English Language Learners course
- Language Acquisition & ELL Students
- Prior & Background Knowledge for ELL Students
- Cooperative Learning for ELL Students
- Vocabulary Development & Instruction for ELL Students
- Interactive Learning for ELL Students
- Understanding Multiple Intelligences
- Differentiated Instruction for ELL Learners
- Formal Language & Social Context for ELL Students
- English Language Development for ELL Students
- Assessment for ELL Students