About This Chapter
Visual Representation of Information - Chapter Summary
Studying can be a fun and exciting action with this chapter, because it contains video lessons to help you review topics like the items that impact visual image interpretations and other related concepts. The quick quizzes at the end of each lesson will help you get the practice and refresher you need. In addition to the topic mention above, this chapter will also help jog your memory of the following:
- Role of visuals
- Definition of visual learning style and visual communication
- Characteristics of visual learning styles
- History of visual communication
The links below the videos allow you to access different topics within them. Our lesson transcripts can help you get a closer look at the most important concepts. You can also find information about your instructors in them.
1. The Role of Visuals in Communication
Visuals used in business communication can help with message development. This lesson will explain how the use of visuals can increase understanding, development, communication, and the retainment of a message.
2. What Is Visual Communication? - Definition, History, Theory & Examples
Visual communication is one of the most important ways that people communicate and share information. Through this lesson, we will define visual communication, explore its history, and gain insight into why it's important.
3. Visual Learning Style: Definition & Characteristics
Just like we all see the world differently, we all learn differently. This lesson will review the visual learning style and provide the most common characteristics of visual learners.
4. Factors that Affect Interpretation of Visual Images
This lesson explores how pictures, paintings, and photographs communicate meaning. We will discover the principles of visual literacy and look at how we use our personal experience and knowledge when looking at visual images.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Ohio Assessments for Educators - School Psychologist (042): Practice & Study Guide course
- Theories of Human Development
- Language & Social Development
- Mental Health Issues & Disorders
- Basics of Developmental Learning Theories
- Preparing for Diverse Learning Environments
- Encouraging Learning through School-Wide Practices
- Curriculum Strategy & Development
- Forms & Methods of Assessment of Learning
- Learning Assessment Issues
- Crisis Intervention Considerations for School Counselors
- Counseling Individuals & Groups
- Providing Effective Career Counseling
- Providing Effective College Counseling
- Theories & Methods of Counseling
- Diversity Issues in School Counseling
- Creating Comprehensive School Counseling Programs
- Research & Data Collection
- Researching & Evaluating Education Programs
- Elements of Effective Communication
- Communicating via Technology
- Communication & Collaboration
- Psychological Consultation & Collaboration in Schools
- Functions of the Guidance Counselor
- Professional Principles for School Psychologists
- Psychological Assessments for Special Populations
- Legal Issues & Government Policies
- Ohio Assessments for Educators School Psychologist Flashcards