About This Chapter
Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Solving Algebraic Equations - Chapter Summary
Our subject-matter experts can help as you get ready to take the Washington EOC Algebra 1 test. These lessons are meant to assist you in answering test questions on lesson topics like the following:
- Common equations in algebra
- Multiplication and division word problems with one and two variables
- Math sentence translation to inequalities
- A system of equations
- Word problems with multi-step algebraic equations
Our lesson instructors created this series of short videos to improve your Algebra 1 skills. Each lesson features a quiz for you to take at the end. If it turns out you need to go back over any of the lesson material, we have provided a video transcript or a timeline tool, which uses keywords to speed you directly to the place in the video you want to watch again. One of our popular features allows you to submit a question directly to a Study.com expert.
1. Common Algebraic Equations: Linear, Quadratic, Polynomial, and More
Watch this video lesson to see the kinds of equations that you will come across most often in algebra. Learn to distinguish them by just looking for the identifying components of each equation.
2. Writing & Solving Multiplication Word Problems with One Variable
After watching this video lesson, you should be able to take a multiplication word problem and translate it into an algebraic expression that you can solve. You will also learn how to solve these problems from the expressions that you write.
3. Solving Multiplication Word Problems with Two or More Variables
After viewing this video lesson on how to solve multiplication word problems, you will know how many equations you need to work with for each problem as well as how to solve them. You will also have a chance to practice what you learned with a quiz.
4. Solving Division Word Problems with Two or More Variables
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can solve division word problems that involve more than one variable. Learn how many equations you need to be able to solve your problem.
5. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
6. Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can easily translate math sentences into inequalities. Once you know how to do this, solving word problems becomes that much easier.
7. How to Solve Multi-Step Algebra Equations in Word Problems
After watching this video lesson, you will be able to solve word problems like a pro. Learn how to setup your problem, write your equations and then solve your equations to find your answer.
8. What is a System of Equations?
So what happens if we want to compare more than one equation? Welcome to a 'system' of equations! Learn what one is, how to solve them and when they come up in real life.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Washington EOC - Algebra: Test Prep & Practice course
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Real Numbers
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Quantities
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Structure in Expressions
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Equivalent Expressions
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Polynomials
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Linear Equations & Inequalities
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Quadratic Equations
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Systems of Equations
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Graphing
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Understanding Functions
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Building Functions
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Functions & Graphs
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Polynomial Functions
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Analyzing Data
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Graphing Data
- Washington EOC - Algebra 1: Interpreting Linear Models
- Washington EOC - Algebra Flashcards