About This Chapter
Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Photosynthesis - Chapter Summary
When getting ready to take the Washington EOC Biology Grade 10 test, you might run into concepts you haven't explored in a while. To confidently address photosynthesis on the day of the exam, review lessons that enable you to:
- Discuss matter and energy changes that occur during photosynthesis
- Identify and describe the chemical equation for photosynthesis
- Describe the role of photosynthesis in the lives of plants
- Explain the role of photosynthesis in the lives of animals
The resources in this chapter help ease the stress associated with studying for an exam. Since the lessons provide insight into and help you better understand exam topics, your only job is to enjoy your studying process. Before, during or after reviewing each lesson, be sure to take the short quiz to test your knowledge of photosynthesis. If you need additional details about any lesson topic, don't hesitate to submit your questions to our experts.
1. Matter & Energy Changes During Photosynthesis
Photosynthesis is how plants make food. Like all processes, it involves inputs and outputs of matter and energy. Learn about those flows of matter and energy, and what they teach us about the universe.
2. Balanced Chemical Equation for Photosynthesis
This lesson will go over the basics of photosynthesis and its chemical reaction, explaining how the chemical equation is formed and how it can be balanced.
3. The Role of Photosynthesis in the Life of Plants
How do green plants work? Learn about the process of photosynthesis and how it is vital to keep plants alive and functioning. Discover how the glucose produced in photosynthesis is used by plants.
4. The Role of Photosynthesis in the Life of Animals
Why is photosynthesis important to animals? Learn about how the process of photosynthesis works, and why it is just as vital to animals as it is to plants.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Washington EOC - Biology Grade 10: Test Prep & Practice course
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Predictability & Feedback Loops
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Scientific Investigation
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Conclusions & Results
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Science, Technology & Society
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Cellular Respiration
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Cell Biology
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: DNA, Genes & Proteins
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Chemical Reactions in Cells
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Chromosomes & Mitosis
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Fertilization & Offspring Variation
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Matter & Energy Cycles
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Populations & Sustainability
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Biological Evolution
- Washington EOC - Biology Grade 10 Flashcards