About This Chapter
Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Predictability & Feedback Loops - Chapter Summary
When preparing for the Washington End-of-Course (EOC) Exam on grade 10 biology, spend a portion of your study time improving your understanding of predictability and feedback loops. You can learn all you need to know about this subject by reviewing the lessons included in this chapter. The lessons focus on:
- Biological systems: positive and negative feedback
- The systems model in science
- Inadequacies in a complex system model
- Chemical and dynamic equilibrium
You can also find practice quiz questions in the chapter that will be helpful in testing your understanding of these topics. Once you've completed the whole chapter, you'll be in a much better position to do well on the Washington EOC Biology Grade 10 exam.
1. Positive & Negative Feedback in Biological Systems
Many biological systems are regulated by feedback mechanisms. In this lesson, we'll investigate the difference between positive and negative feedback as they pertain to living things and explore examples of each feedback type in action.
2. Equilibrium: Chemical and Dynamic
Learn the definition of chemical equilibrium and how it is dynamic. Discover what the equilibrium constant is and how it shows whether the reaction favors the reactants or products. Learn how chemists designate equilibrium in an equation and how they show the difference in reaction rate.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Washington EOC - Biology Grade 10: Test Prep & Practice course
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Scientific Investigation
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Conclusions & Results
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Science, Technology & Society
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Photosynthesis
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Cellular Respiration
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Cell Biology
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: DNA, Genes & Proteins
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Chemical Reactions in Cells
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Chromosomes & Mitosis
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Fertilization & Offspring Variation
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Matter & Energy Cycles
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Populations & Sustainability
- Washington EOC Biology Grade 10: Biological Evolution
- Washington EOC - Biology Grade 10 Flashcards