About This Chapter
Weather and Seasons in Spanish - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll find short video lessons that help you review Spanish vocabulary and phrases related to weather and seasons. You'll also learn useful Spanish idioms and practice asking and answering questions through a fun listening activity. These lessons are taught by expert Spanish language instructors who craft each lesson to highlight the most important vocabulary and grammar rules. Take the accompanying self-assessment quizzes to master the material and use any Internet-connected device to access the chapter. After completing these lessons, you should be able to:
- Translate Spanish weather and season vocabulary
- Use idiomatic phrases to talk about the weather and seasons
- Recognize common Spanish question words
- Ask and answer questions in Spanish
1. Weather Words in Spanish
In this lesson we will take a look at the vocabulary used in Spanish to describe the weather, including temperature, rain, snow, wind, etc. We'll start with a discussion of the national weather report.
2. Spanish Idioms to Describe Weather and the Seasons
This lesson explores Spanish idioms, or phrases, used to talk about the weather. Emphasis is placed on translating ideas and phrases rather than translating each word from one language to another.
3. Weather and Seasons Spanish Vocabulary: Practice Activity
In this lesson, you will continue practicing the weather phrases in Spanish. In addition, you will learn the different seasons of the year. Take advantage of all the opportunities to practice speaking and reading Spanish!
4. List of Spanish Question Words: Practice & Uses
In this lesson, we will look at the interrogatives, or question words, in Spanish. These are the building blocks to start forming and asking questions. We will follow Juan as he searches for the museum, asking many questions along the way.
5. Using Spanish Question Words in Phrases
This lesson presents the interrogatives using phrases. We follow Juan and Sandra as they explore the city on a tourist bus, asking who, what, where and why.
6. Asking and Answering Questions in Spanish: Listening Activity
In this lesson, we will practice the question words focusing on our listening skills. Juan's trip has come to an end, and he looks back at his vacation and later we send him off back to Mexico. !Hasta luego, Juan!
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 101: Beginning Spanish course
- Greetings & Introductions in Spanish
- Describing People in Spanish
- Locations in Spanish: Vocabulary & Grammar
- Household Terms in Spanish
- Spanish Numbers
- Days & Dates in Spanish
- Telling Time in Spanish
- Likes and Dislikes in Spanish
- AR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense Conjugation and Vocabulary List
- ER and IR Verbs in Spanish: Present Tense
- Pastimes in Spanish
- Technology in Spanish
- Talking About Family Members in Spanish
- Shopping in Spanish
- Discussing the Past in Spanish
- Talking About Vacations in Spanish
- TV, Movies & Media in Spanish
- Discussing Community in Spanish
- Discussing Natural Disasters/Emergencies in Spanish
- As a Child in Spanish
- Spanish Fables
- Overview of Spanish-Speaking Culture & Etiquette
- Required Assignments for Spanish 101
- Studying for Spanish 101