About This Chapter
Weather & Weather Forecasting - Chapter Summary
While going through these lessons, you'll strengthen your understanding of weather and weather forecasting. Some of the topics covered include the process of cloud formation and the effects of humidity. This self-paced chapter can also help you understand how precipitation forms from condensation. After reviewing the lessons, you should be ready to:
- Explain the causes of weather changes
- Discuss the main procedures for weather forecasting
- Relate the various types of precipitation and how they form
- Analyze types of condensation
- Describe how humidity is measured
- Explain how clouds form
- Discuss causes of barometric pressure
Our expert instructors provide helpful examples in each lesson to make these weather forecasting topics easy to understand. A multiple-choice quiz is available to test your knowledge after each lesson, and the quizzes can be printed for use as offline worksheets. The quizzes link back to specific topics in the video, so if you get a question wrong it's easy to look up that particular topic.
1. Weather: Definition & Types
Talk about weather is everywhere: on the news, in the papers, and in almost every conversation. What causes it all, though? In this lesson, we will define weather, take a look at the different types, and learn what causes weather changes to take place.
2. Weather Forecast Procedures and Products
There are many ways to forecast weather, depending on how far into the future you're looking. In this lesson we'll explore three major forecasting procedures and see how they're applied.
3. What is Precipitation? - Definition, Types & Formation
Precipitation comes in many forms, but it all comes from the same general process. In this video lesson you will identify different types of precipitation, as well as how precipitation forms in the atmosphere from condensation.
4. Types of Condensation
There is evidence of condensation all around you, even if you don't know it! This lesson will explore the different types of condensation, including dew and fog.
5. What is Humidity? - Definition, Measurements & Effects
Humidity is an important aspect of the atmosphere because it affects both weather and climate. In this video lesson you will learn about the different types of humidity and understand how temperature affects water vapor in the air.
6. What is Cloud Formation? - Definition, Types & Process
There are many different types of clouds that form in the sky. In this video lesson you will learn about how clouds form, as well as the different types of clouds and how they are classified.
7. Barometric Pressure, Measuring Atmospheric Pressure & Barometers
This lesson examines the causes of varying barometric pressure and how we measure them. After this lesson, you should better understand where barometric pressure values come from and why we care.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the UPSEE Paper 3: Study Guide & Test Prep course
- Basics of Scientific Measurement & Instruments
- Principles of Physics
- Newton's Laws of Motion in Physics
- Power, Energy & Heat
- Principles of Chemistry
- Atomic Theory & Structure
- Ionic Theory & Chemical Reactions
- Overview of Inorganic Chemistry
- Inorganic Chemistry & Agriculture
- Properties & Nomenclature for Organic Compounds
- Structures & Formulas of Organic Compounds
- Structures & Formulas of Alcohols
- Structures & Formulas of Acids
- Using Data & Statistics
- Principles of Agronomy
- The Plant, Fungi, & Bacteria Kingdoms
- Plant Cell Morphology
- Plant Anatomy & Morphology
- Plant Germination & Reproduction
- Understanding Plant Biology
- UPSEE Paper 3 Flashcards