About This Chapter
Web & Media Marketing - Chapter Summary
Reinvent your study sessions by using this chapter of engaging text and video lessons about topics like social media marketing trends, definition of data analytics, components of the event triangle and more! Our thorough self-assessments are located at the end of each lesson to give you quick and easy ways of testing your memory of the information you're reviewed. Additional topics in this chapter include the following:
- Explanation of data warehousing and data mining
- Social media marketing trends
- Definition of viral marketing and guerrilla marketing
- Strategies of customer focus in marketing
Our short and interesting text and video lessons are created by expert instructors. Information about them can be found in the lesson transcripts. Any questions or comments you have about this chapter can be easily sent to these experts by using the 'Help' tab.
1. Components of the Event Triangle in Marketing
Need a quick introduction or refresher about the Event Triangle in marketing? This lesson describes the three different components of the model, including relationships between the components and implications for the marketing process.
2. What is Data Analytics? - Definition & Tools
In this lesson, we'll learn about data analytics. We'll define it and learn about some of the many tools used for data analytics. The lesson is followed by a quiz.
3. Data Warehousing and Data Mining: Information for Business Intelligence
Collections of databases that work together are called data warehouses. This makes it possible to integrate data from multiple databases. Data mining is used to help individuals and organizations make better decisions.
4. Trends in Social Media Marketing
With about 74% of Internet users integrated into social media, it is no wonder businesses are using this powerful tool. With its endless reach and frequency, social media marketing brings the storefront to the homes and heads of its viewers.
5. What is Viral Marketing? - Definition, Techniques & Examples
This lesson discusses viral marketing and offers techniques that make a campaign go viral. Examples of effective viral marketing campaigns and messages are included.
6. What Is Guerrilla Marketing? - Definition, Strategies & Examples
In this lesson, we will discuss what guerrilla marketing is and why it is so different from traditional marketing efforts. We will also review some strategies for creating this type of marketing.
7. What Is Customer Focus in Marketing? - Definition, Strategies & Examples
We will discuss customer focused marketing and its relevance in social media. Learn more about how managers utilize strategies in order to reach their target market.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the TExES Marketing 6-12 (275): Practice & Study Guide course
- Introduction to Business Management
- Organization & Management in Business
- Business Law & Regulation
- Business & Governmental Regulation
- Entrepreneurship & Types of Businesses
- Marketing & Financial Plans in Business
- Accounting Basics for Business
- Risk Management & Credit-Based Relationships
- Fundamentals of Marketing
- Business Ethics & Marketing Strategy
- Consumer Behavior & Decision Making
- Research for Marketing
- Demographics in Marketing Research
- Product Planning & Promotion
- Advertising, Sales & Promotion in Marketing
- Product Development & Distribution
- Selling & Pricing Strategies
- Marketing & the Global Economy
- Sustainable & International Marketing
- Introduction to International Trade
- Public Relations for Business
- Business Leadership & Decision-Making
- Marketing Data Analysis
- Business Math Applications
- Business Technology & Information Systems
- Technology & Tools for Marketing
- Marketing & E-Commerce
- Marketing Education
- Laying the Foundation for a Marketing Career
- Establishing Professionalism at Work
- Marketing Instruction & Assessment
- TExES Marketing 6-12 Flashcards