About This Chapter
Weight-Related Issues - Chapter Summary
Take a look at this chapter to explore a number of weight-related issues. As you work through these engaging lessons, you'll see how weight loss is affected by a variety of factors, such as blood sugar and blood pressure.
Try the included lesson quizzes and chapter exam to make sure you take away the most important information from the chapter. Study at any time that fits your schedule, and submit questions to our instructors if you get stuck. You can also access the chapter material on any computer or mobile device, which enables you to study at home, at school, at the office or wherever you happen to be.
How It Helps
These convenient training resources can help healthcare workers and medical professionals who need to brush up on basic weight loss concepts. Current professionals may be able to use these resources in conjunction with continuing education materials, and aspiring healthcare professionals can use the lessons to get ahead their training programs.
By the end of this chapter, you'll be able to:
- Explain the connection between weight loss and blood pressure
- Understand how blood sugar affects weight loss
1. Weight Loss and Blood Pressure
This article will describe the connection between weight loss and blood pressure. It will describe how small changes can help lower blood pressure. It will also describe the role of physical activity in blood pressure reduction.
2. Blood Sugar and Weight Loss
Your body is a smart machine that is perfectly balanced to fulfill life needs. Not losing weight while dieting and excessive weight gain after quitting a diet are common problems. Find out why and what your blood sugar has to do with it.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Basic Nursing Training course
- Diabetes Insipidus
- Diet Plans for Diabetes
- Surgical Procedures
- Treating Bites & Stings
- Identifying & Treating Bone Issues
- Treating Cystitis
- Understanding & Treating Fistula
- Patella Injuries & Issues
- Types & Application of Casts
- Types & Application of Splints
- Understanding & Treating Hernias
- Understanding & Treating Sciatica
- Understanding Joints & Joint Issues
- Understanding & Treating Hepatitis
- Understanding Occupational Disease
- Treating Occupational Disease
- Diseases of the Central Nervous System
- Digestive & Intestinal Diseases
- Rheumatic Fever & Heart Disease