About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your Western civilization since 1945 homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your Western civilization since 1945 homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Europe's post-World War II economic reconstruction
- Political reconstruction in Europe after World War II
- Conflicts resulting from the creation of Israel
- Post-World War II independence movements
- The Chinese Revolution and the creation of Taiwan
- Causes of the Cold War and the resulting conflicts
- The fall of the Soviet Union and end of the Cold War
- Religion and philosophy since 1945
- Advances in science and technology since 1945
- Social and political developments in the modern era
- Art and culture from 1945 to present day
1. Economic Reconstruction in Europe After WWII: Recovery Programs & Their Effect
In this lesson, we explore the measures taken by the United States to aid its European allies in combating the severe economic depression in Europe immediately after World War II.
2. Political Reconstruction in Europe After WWII: History & Impact
In this lesson, we explore the political reconstruction of Europe in the years immediately following World War II and the splitting of Europe between capitalist and communist states.
3. The Creation of Israel in 1948: Timeline & Resulting Conflicts
In this lesson, we explore the movements and political developments that led to the creation of the state of Israel and the subsequent backlash from the Arab world.
4. Post-WWII Independence Movements Around the World: History & Examples
In this lesson, we explore the diverse and varied experience of decolonization in Asia, the Middle East, and Africa after World War II when Western Europe began to withdraw its claims to far away territory and colonies.
5. The Chinese Revolution and Creation of Taiwan: History & Timeline
In this lesson we explore the long struggle between the Kuomintang and the Chinese Communist Party before, during, and after WWII, and the subsequent creation of Taiwan after the communist victory.
6. The Cold War: Definition, Causes & Early Events
The period of distrust between the Soviet Union and United States was known as the Cold War. Learn about the origins of the era, essential events and the shaping of the national security state.
7. Conflicts During the Cold War: Examples & Causes
In this lesson, we explore several of the world's conflicts in the second half of the 20th century that ended up becoming proxy wars between the United States and the Soviet Union in their Cold War standoff.
8. The Space Race: Definition, History & Timeline
In this lesson, we explore the 20th century's space race between the United States and the Soviet Union, where both superpowers competed to be the first in space and the first to reach the moon.
9. Fall of the Soviet Union and End of the Cold War: Causes & Timeline
In this lesson, we chart the reforms made by Russian premier Mikhail Gorbachev attempting to save the Soviet Union and the communist federation's eventual dissolution in 1991.
10. Post-War Soviet Union & Eastern Europe: The Descent of the Iron Curtain
In this lesson, we will learn about some of the dynamic events that followed World War II in Eastern Europe. We will explore the descent of the Iron Curtain, and learn about the formation of the Eastern Bloc states.
11. Religion & Philosophy Since 1945
In this lesson, we explore some of the major developments in the world of ideas since the end of World War II, from the increased public engagement of professional philosophy and Catholicism to the growth of Islam.
12. The Advance of Science & Technology Since 1945: Developments & Impact
In this lesson, we explore just a few of the numerous advances and innovations made in the worlds of sciences and technology, from automobiles and televisions to computers and phones that can fit in the palm of your hand.
13. Social & Political Developments Since 1945
In this lesson, we examine several social and political developments in the United States and in Western Europe since 1945, from the civil rights movement to the creation of the European Union.
14. Art & Culture Since 1945: Types & Artists
In this lesson, we explore the art and culture of post-World War II Western society, from the fledgling television programming to the disparate directions of 20th-century art.
15. Socialized Medicine: Definition & Concept
This lesson will provide a definition for socialized medicine. It will also present examples of socialized medicine and give an overview as to how these examples impact the general population. A short quiz will follow.
16. Utilitarian Organization: Definition & Overview
A utilitarian organization is one of three types of formal organizations. Learn more about utilitarian organizations from examples and test your knowledge with a quiz.
17. History of the Barbie Doll
In this lesson, you'll learn the history of the famous Barbie doll. This lesson will highlight the inspiration for Barbie, how the doll developed over time, and its enduring success in the 21st Century.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Western Civilization Since 1648: Homework Help Resource course
- Western European Absolutism (1648-1715): Homework Help
- Eastern European Power Shifts (1648-1740): Homework Help
- Empire and Expansion in the 18th Century: Homework Help
- The Scientific Revolution (1500-1790): Homework Help
- The French Revolution & Napoleon (1780-1815): Homework Help
- Industrialization From 1700-1900: Homework Help
- Political Developments From 1760-1848: Homework Help
- The Age of Nationalism: Homework Help
- European Life and Trends From 1850-1914: Homework Help
- Imperialism in the 19th and 20th Centuries: Homework Help
- World War I (1914-1919): Homework Help
- The Years Between the World Wars: Homework Help
- World War II (1939-1945): Homework Help