About This Chapter
What Animals Eat for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
This fun chapter can aid parents and educators interested in helping young students better understand items animals eat. Whether studying this subject in class or outside of school, students can enjoy access to engaging lessons designed to boost their knowledge of this subject while keeping them entertained. Each lesson examines a different animal's diet, enabling students to study at a comfortable pace. Lessons are accessible using any computer or mobile device with an Internet connection and are accompanied by short quizzes students can take to find out how much they understand about concepts covered.
- What dolphins eat
- Horse diet
- Diet for polar bears
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help with animal diets will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about items animals eat.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding foods eaten by different animals
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about the horse diet.
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning science (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about the diet for polar bears.
- Students who struggle to understand their science teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra science resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover animal diet topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Review the lesson or video transcripts, emphasizing the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about items animals eat.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands animal diets by completing the What Animals Eat for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. Dolphin Diet: Lesson for Kids
Different kinds of dolphins eat different foods. This lesson will teach you about some different dolphins, where they live, what they eat, and some other cool facts about how they eat.
2. What do Horses Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Horses eat many different foods, like grass and fruit. Horses need to maintain a balanced diet in order to be healthy and have energy. In this lesson, you will learn all about what horses eat.
3. Polar Bear Diet: Lesson for Kids
Polar bears are large animals that need to eat a lot of food to survive. Come learn about what polar bears like to eat, why they eat so much and some other interesting facts about their diet.
4. What Do Crabs Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Did you know that there are over 4,000 different species of crabs? They all look different and live in different places, but they eat many of the same things. Let's learn about what crabs like to eat!
5. What Did Dinosaurs Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Think about your teeth. Some are great for tearing into a burger, while others are shaped to grind up a salad. In this lesson, we will learn what dinosaur teeth tell us about what they ate long ago.
6. What Do Hedgehogs Eat? - Lesson for Kids
How much food would you need to eat if you ate your weight in food every night? That's what hedgehogs do! Read this lesson to find out more about this prickly little mammal and what it likes to eat.
7. What Do Hippos Eat? - Lesson for Kids
The hippopotamus is an enormous animal that can be found in Africa. In this lesson, learn about what the hippopotamus is as well as its unique feeding habits.
8. What Do Kangaroos Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Did you know that some kangaroos can grow to over seven feet tall? Is there something special in their diet that helps them grow to be so large? Read this lesson about what kangaroos eat to find out!
9. What Do Lizards Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Lizards come in many shapes and sizes, and they eat a variety of things. In this lesson, you will learn about the things that different kinds of lizards eat.
10. What Do Monkeys Eat? - Lesson for Kids
If you were a zookeeper feeding the monkeys, what would you give them eat? Do they actually eat bananas? Read this lesson about what monkeys eat to find out all about the diet of wild monkeys.
11. What Does an Octopus Eat? - Lesson for Kids
They are swift moving, agile hunters of the deep and shallow ocean. In this lesson, discover the stealthy octopus and what creatures you might find on its dinner plate!
12. What Do Snakes Eat? Lesson for Kids
Exploring a snake's diet means meat is on the menu. In this lesson we will learn the different types of animals that snakes choose to eat. We will also look at how snakes digest their prey.
13. What Do Starfish Eat? - Lesson for Kids
The next time you see a starfish, you'll remember what you learned in this lesson about the most unusual way that starfish eat! In this lesson, you'll also find out what starfish eat, and how to feed a pet starfish.
14. What Do Jellyfish Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Did you know that jellyfish have drifted through Earth's oceans since before dinosaurs existed? In this lesson, learn about the diet that has helped to keep this fascinating underwater species alive for millions of years.
15. What Do Zebras Eat? - Lesson for Kids
How would you like to live on a diet of mostly grass? What would you eat if the grass died in a drought? Read this lesson to find out about the diet of a zebra and what they eat when conditions are harsh.
16. Wood Duck Diet: Lesson for Kids
Do you want to share lunch with a wood duck? In this lesson, we will learn what is on the wood duck's menu, where they find their food, and why you might see them eating while swimming... upside-down!?
17. Electric Eel Diet: Lesson for Kids
The electric eel is a carnivorous fish that can produce a tremendous electrical shock to catch its prey. How does it use its electricity, and which unfortunate animals become its victims? Read on to learn more.
18. African Bush Elephant Diet: Lesson for Kids
African bush elephants are the largest land animals on Earth. It takes a lot of food to fuel these giant mammals! In this lesson, we will explore what African bush elephants eat and how they eat it.
19. Fangtooth Fish Diet: Lesson for Kids
What kind of food does a fangtooth fish use those big, sharp teeth to eat? In this lesson we will explore the diet of fangtooth fish by looking at where they live and how they hunt and catch their prey.
20. What do Pandas Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Come on a food adventure through the leafy forests of China. Here we will learn about a panda's favorite food- bamboo! But pandas can't only eat bamboo-- in this lesson, we will also explore what else keeps these bears fed.
21. What do Koalas Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Come on down to Australia for a walk through the eucalyptus forests where koalas make their homes. In this lesson we'll learn about this animal's leafy diet and what the koala's food choices have to do with why this marsupial always seems to be asleep.
22. What do Wasps Eat? - Lesson for Kids
Wasps are insects that are close relatives of bees. Some deliver a painful sting, but most wasps use their stingers to paralyze their food. So what do wasps like to eat? Keep reading to learn more.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Plants & Animals for Kids course
- Animal Habitats & Endangerment for Elementary School
- Animal Life Cycles for Elementary School
- Cheetahs for Elementary School
- Horses for Elementary School
- Tigers for Elementary School
- Animals of Geographic Locations for Kids
- Large Mammals for Kids
- Bugs, Butterflies & Insects for Kids
- Reptiles for Kids
- Aquatic Animals & Marine Life for Kids
- Foxes & Wolves for Kids
- Small Mammals for Kids
- Australian Plants and Animals for Kids
- Monkeys, Apes, and Chimps for Kids
- Snakes for Elementary School
- Crustaceans for Elementary School
- Birds for Elementary School
- Fish for Elementary School
- Trees for Elementary School
- Plants for Elementary School
- Pigs for Elementary School
- Sea Creatures for Elementary School
- Large Birds for Elementary School
- Cranes for Elementary School
- Doves for Elementary School
- Egrets for Elementary School
- Geese for Elementary School
- Gulls for Elementary School
- Hawks for Elementary School
- Herons for Elementary School
- Rain Forest Birds for Elementary School
- Falcons for Elementary School
- Woodpeckers for Elementary School