About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning about the wizards within The Hobbit will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to explore the traits and significance of the wizards in the book. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in their studying of the wizards in The Hobbit
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Wizards in The Hobbit practice exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Wizards in The Hobbit practice exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about the Wizards in The Hobbit for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Gandalf's character
- The role of Radagast
1. Gandalf in The Hobbit
Gandalf, or Gandalf the Grey, is a wizard in 'The Hobbit' by J.R.R. Tolkien. He is a good man who knows all life in middle earth and is open-minded even to the lowliest of creatures. Read on to learn more about Gandalf.
2. Radagast in The Hobbit
Radagast the Brown is a wizard, a close friend of Gandalf, and more concerned with nature than people. Ultimately he is a good wizard, but mostly bumbles around in his life, only focused on animals and plants.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the The Hobbit Study Guide course