About This Chapter
Work & Benefits in Spanish - Chapter Summary
Feel confident that you have a good grasp of the correct vocabulary and grammar rules for communicating about work and benefits in Spanish. This chapter's short lessons provide all the information you need to understand employment, HR and legal Spanish vocabulary. Lessons also examine the past participle and present perfect tense grammatical concepts. Take short quizzes and a chapter exam to gauge your understanding of the lessons. After finishing this chapter, you will be ready to do the following:
- Use Spanish vocabulary words related to basic employment
- List HR, employment and legal Spanish vocabulary words
- Describe the correct grammatical use of the Spanish phrase acabar de
- Form regular and irregular past participles in Spanish
- Explain how to form Spanish present perfect tense
1. Basic Employment Vocabulary in Spanish
What if you wanted to look for a job in Spain? Or Argentina? Or Mexico? In this lesson, we will learn the basic vocabulary that is used for employment in Spanish.
2. Basic HR & Legal Vocabulary in Spanish
If you are learning Spanish, there is a big chance you might come across the need to understand and/or use human resources related vocabulary. This lesson teaches you the most common terminology, including some words that are used in the legal field.
3. Spanish Grammar: Acabar de
'Good for you! You just started another Spanish lesson!' In English, if you want to indicate that something happened a minute or two ago, you usually use the adverb 'just.' In this lesson, you will learn how to express this idea in Spanish.
4. Spanish Grammar: The Past Participle
Past participles are rather like the letter q: they are hardly ever used by themselves. In this lesson, you'll learn what past participles are, how to form them, and when to use them.
5. Spanish Grammar: The Present Perfect Tense
Have you ever studied the present perfect tense before? If you have, you probably noticed that it was being used in that question! In this lesson, you will be learning how to form and use the present perfect in Spanish.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Spanish 105: Spanish for the Workplace course
- Culture & Etiquette in Spanish-Speaking Countries
- Introductions & Salutations in Spanish
- Numbers & Payment in Spanish
- Customer Service in Spanish
- Appointments & Dates in Spanish
- Talking About Time in Spanish
- Professions in Spanish
- Office Buildings in Spanish
- Office Tasks & Errands in Spanish
- Expressing Preference in Spanish
- Leisure Activities in Spanish
- Spanish Terms for Technology
- Job Applications & Interviews in Spanish
- Business Communication in Spanish
- Negotiations & Meetings in Spanish
- Office Roles & Positions in Spanish
- Required Assignments for Spanish 105
- Studying for Spanish 105