About This Chapter
How it works:
- Identify which concepts are covered on your complex numbers homework.
- Find videos on those topics within this chapter.
- Watch fun videos, pausing and reviewing as needed.
- Complete sample problems and get instant feedback.
- Finish your complex numbers homework with ease!
Topics from your homework you'll be able to complete:
- Adding and subtracting complex numbers
- Multiplying and dividing complex numbers
- Graphing a complex number on the complex plane
1. What is an Imaginary Number?
The imaginary number 'i' is the square root of -1. Although this number doesn't actually exist, pretending that it does allows us to do a bunch of crazy math that scientists use every day. Learn the basics of that number 'i' here!
2. How to Add, Subtract and Multiply Complex Numbers
Knowing that complex numbers exist is the first step. But that knowledge alone won't help you do much with them. Learn the basics of complex number addition, subtraction and multiplication here!
3. How to Divide Complex Numbers
While adding, subtracting and multiplying complex numbers is pretty straightforward, dividing them can be pretty tricky. It comes down to the process of multiplying by the complex conjugate. Learn about what that is, and how to do it, here.
4. How to Graph a Complex Number on the Complex Plane
Graphing complex numbers is pretty straight forward, but it's not necessarily intuitive. Check out this lesson to learn the vocabulary and the conventions that you'll need.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Homework Help Resource course
- Working with Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Working With Inequalities: Homework Help
- Absolute Value Equations: Homework Help
- Systems of Linear Equations: Homework Help
- Mathematical Modeling: Homework Help
- Introduction to Quadratics: Homework Help
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Homework Help
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Homework Help
- Understanding Function Operations: Homework Help
- Graph Symmetry: Homework Help
- Graphing with Functions: Homework Help
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Homework Help
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Homework Help
- Rational Functions & Difference Quotients: Homework Help
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Homework Help
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Homework Help
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Graphs: Homework Help
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Identities: Homework Help
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Homework Help
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Homework Help
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Homework Help
- Sets in Algebra: Homework Help
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Homework Help
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Homework Help
- Continuity in Precalculus: Homework Help
- Limits in Precalculus: Homework Help