About This Chapter
Working with Fractions for Elementary School - Chapter Summary
If you have a student who is trying to understand how to work with fractions, this chapter can help clear up confusion and boost confidence. Lessons cover a variety of topics, such as how to simplify, divide and multiply negative fractions. Developed by top instructors, lessons provide clear, concise steps, explanations and examples from which your student can benefit. Experts can also be reached with any questions about topics covered. When ready, test your student's comprehension of how to work with fractions using lesson quizzes and a practice chapter exam.
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help working with fractions will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about how to work with fractions.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding how to perform various mathematical operations on fractions
- Students with learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about working with fractions
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about how to work with fractions
- Students who struggle to understand their math teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover working with fractions topics your student needs to learn or review.
- Review the lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about how to work with fractions.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands how to work with fractions by completing the Working with Fractions for Elementary School chapter exam.
1. How to Simplify Negative Fractions
We all like it when things are easy and simple. Simplifying fractions makes them easier to work with. And the best news is, simplifying fractions, both positive and negative, is, well...simple! This lesson will show you how to simplify fractions and will provide many examples.
2. Dividing Negative Fractions
In this lesson, learn the rules for dealing with negative fractions as well as five simple steps to divide negative fractions. We also discuss practical uses for this skill.
3. Multiplying Negative Fractions
It might look intimidating to multiply fractions, but this lesson will break it down into four easy-to-follow steps. We will also discuss important rules to remember when multiplying negatives.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Algebra for Kids course