About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school trigonometry work.
- Identify the inequalities concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School Trigonometry Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about inequalities and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding 1- and 2-variable inequalities, compound inequalities, absolute value inequalities, set notation or any other inequalities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their inequalities unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school trigonometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about inequalities simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live trigonometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about inequalities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn to graph 1- and 2-variable inequalities
- Explore set notation, compound inequalities and systems of inequalities
- Complete graphing inequalities practice problems
- Find out how to solve and graph an absolute value inequality
- Discover how to translate math sentences to inequalities
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
7. Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can easily translate math sentences into inequalities. Once you know how to do this, solving word problems becomes that much easier.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Tutoring Solution
- Functions for Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Triangle Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Applications of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Tutoring Solution