About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other precalculus work.
- Identify the inequalities concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our high school precalculus tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn how to work with inequalities and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding 1- and 2-variable inequalities, absolute value inequalities, translations to inequalities or any other inequalities topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their working with inequalities unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in precalculus
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning how to work with inequalities simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live precalculus tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn inequalities on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn to graph 1- and 2-variabile inequalities.
- Understand set notation, compound inequalities and systems of inequalities.
- Find out how to solve and graph an absolute value inequality.
- Discover how to translate math sentences to inequalities.
1. What is an Inequality?
Deciding how to spend your money can be a tricky thing. Should you save it, invest it, or enjoy it? Learn how inequalities can help you make your decision!
2. How to Graph 1- and 2-Variable Inequalities
So an inequality is just an equation with a less than or greater than symbol. But what is the difference between 1 and 2 variable inequalities? What does have a greater than or equal to symbol change? When do you use a number line instead of a coordinate plane? Get those answers here!
3. Set Notation, Compound Inequalities, and Systems of Inequalities
In this lesson, we'll explore the conditions of compound inequalities and learn how to express them using set notation and interval notation. Test you knowledge afterward with a short quiz.
4. Graphing Inequalities: Practice Problems
If you're already pretty familiar with what inequalities are and just looking for a place to practice your skills, this is the place. This lesson covers topics like 1-variable, 2-variable, compound, and systems of inequalities.
5. How to Solve and Graph an Absolute Value Inequality
Taking two skills and combining them to make a more complicated problem is a classic tactic in mathematics. If you feel confident with absolute values and inequalities, see if you can tackle them with their powers combined here!
6. Solving and Graphing Absolute Value Inequalities: Practice Problems
Solving and graphing absolute value inequalities brings a lot of different skills together in one place. The practice problems in this video will give you a good chance to see more examples of absolute value inequalities but will also test your general algebraic knowledge.
7. Translating Math Sentences to Inequalities
Watch this video lesson to learn how you can easily translate math sentences into inequalities. Once you know how to do this, solving word problems becomes that much easier.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Precalculus: Tutoring Solution course
- Working with Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Modeling: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Quadratics in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Functions - Basics for Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rate of Change in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Polynomial Functions Basics: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions and Difference Quotients: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions and Function Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential Functions & Logarithmic Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Using Trigonometric Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Solving Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Applications in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing Piecewise Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices and Determinants: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Sequences and Series: Tutoring Solution
- Sets in Algebra: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry and Conic Sections: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates and Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Continuity in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution
- Limits in Precalculus: Tutoring Solution