About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other high school trigonometry work.
- Identify the linear equations concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our High School Trigonometry Tutoring Solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn about linear equations and earn better grades. This resource can help students, including those who:
- Struggle with understanding slope-intercept form, the distributive property, undefined slope, the point-slope formula or any other linear equations topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their math learning
- Prefer learning math visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their linear equations unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in high school trigonometry
- Don't have access to their math teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning about linear equations simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live trigonometry tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn about linear equations on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and re-watch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Find out why linear equations are powerful tools
- Learn to apply the distributive property to linear equations
- Discover how to graph linear equations
- Discuss how to apply your knowledge of linear equations to abstract algebra problems
- Find out how to write a linear equation
- Learn to graph undefined slope and zero slope
- Explore the point-slope form of the equation of a line
1. What is a Linear Equation?
Most cars won't be able to run for more than 250,000 miles, so how much longer will your car live? Linear Equations are the most basic kind of algebraic function and can help you answer questions exactly like this. Learn about what they look like, how they come up in your life and why they are powerful tools.
2. Applying the Distributive Property to Linear Equations
When it comes to linear equations, there are certain steps you have to take to solve them. One of them is the application of the distributive property when you see a pair of parentheses. Watch this video lesson to learn how.
3. Linear Equations: Intercepts, Standard Form and Graphing
Do you know what to do if an equation doesn't look like y=mx+b?! If not, then this video is for you. Chances are the equation is in standard form, so we'll learn how to use standard form equations, how to graph them and why they can be helpful.
4. Abstract Algebraic Examples and Going from a Graph to a Rule
Just because you now know what a linear equation is doesn't mean that you are a master! This video will help you learn how to apply your knowledge of linear equations in more abstract algebraic ways.
5. Graphing Undefined Slope, Zero Slope and More
There are two special cases when it comes to slopes on the xy plane: horizontal and vertical lines. Without any more information, these examples can be pretty confusing. But with a little instruction, they end up being some of the easiest lines to graph!
6. Graphs of Parallel and Perpendicular Lines in Linear Equations
When we deal with linear equations, we sometimes come across equations that are parallel to each other or perpendicular to each other. You will see what they look like when graphed in this video lesson.
7. How to Write a Linear Equation
Simply knowing how to take a linear equation and graph it is only half of the battle. You should also be able to come up with the equation if you're given the right information.
8. Equation of a Line Using Point-Slope Formula
It's time for a road trip to Las Vegas, and after four hours of driving at 60 mph ... Are we there yet? Learn the point-slope form of the equation of a line to help answer this age-old question.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the High School Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution course
- Real Numbers - Types and Properties: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Inequalities in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Absolute Value Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Complex Numbers in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Systems of Linear Equations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Mathematical Modeling in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Introduction to Quadratics in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Quadratic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Coordinate Geometry Review: Tutoring Solution
- Functions for Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Understanding Function Operations in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graph Symmetry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Graphing with Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Basic Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Higher-Degree Polynomial Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Rational Expressions & Function Graphs in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Exponential & Logarithmic Functions in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Functions: Tutoring Solution
- Geometry in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Triangle Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Graphs: Tutoring Solution
- Trigonometric Equations: Tutoring Solution
- Working with Trigonometric Identities: Tutoring Solution
- Applications of Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Analytic Geometry & Conic Sections in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Vectors, Matrices & Determinants in Trigonometry: Tutoring Solution
- Polar Coordinates & Parameterizations: Tutoring Solution
- Circular Arcs, Circles & Angles: Tutoring Solution