About This Chapter
Workplace Change Strategies - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, we present lessons on workplace change strategies. Your employees can study topics such as embracing mergers and new initiatives, preparing for a new job role and using interpersonal skills during organizational change. Lesson quizzes and a chapter test have been included to ensure that your employees understand the material.
How It Helps
- Eases uncertainty: Help your team members navigate the challenging and potentially nerve-wracking process of workplace change by arming them with knowledge about how to handle these changes with success.
- Offers strategies: After completing these lessons, your employees will have specific skills they can use to join a new work team, prepare for a new role or understand the impact of this change on their career goals.
- Builds confidence: Employees who understand how to use strategies to develop mental toughness and interpersonal skills during workplace change will be able to weather these changes with a more confident outlook.
Utilize this chapter to ensure your employees can do the following:
- Embrace new initiatives and mergers
- Understand successful workplace change strategies
- Prepare for a new job role using strategies
- Adapt to new job roles in the age of automation and outsourcing
- Discuss strategies to help ease the transition of joining a new work team
- Use interpersonal skills while experiencing organizational change
- Develop mental toughness during workplace change using proven strategies
- Recognize the impact of workplace changes on career planning for the long term
1. Embracing Mergers & New Initiatives as an Employee
Mergers, acquisitions and new company initiatives can create uncertainty and chaos. In this lesson, you'll learn some best practices for embracing the inevitability of change in the workplace.
2. Workplace Change Strategies for Employees
This lesson goes over the basics of workplace change. You will learn a few strategies that can help you address almost any form of workplace change you might think of or come across in your career.
3. Strategies for Preparing for a New Job Role
Moving into a new position within a company can be exciting, yet stressful and overwhelming. This lesson will review some strategies and tips to help you prepare when starting a new job role.
4. Adapting to New Job Roles in the Age of Outsourcing & Automation
Being adaptable is more than just a buzzword. In a world of automation and outsourcing, it's essential. In this lesson, you'll learn more about the adapting to new job roles and some strategies for doing so.
5. Strategies for Joining a New Work Team
This lesson describes some the strategies that can be used by employees when they join a new team. These strategies can help new team members integrate into the team effectively and build new relationships.
6. Using Interpersonal Skills During Organizational Change
Change is tough, and corporate change can place employees in a stressful situation. This lesson discusses how a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal skills can ease the pain of change.
7. Strategies for Developing Mental Toughness During Workplace Change
Mental toughness can help employees navigate the winds of change in the workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn about some strategies for helping to develop mental toughness and focus on the positives.
8. Impact of Workplace Change on Long-Term Career Planning
Change is constantly happening in all industries, requiring workers to reassess their career plans. Learn strategies that can be used to update career plans in the midst of organizational change.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.