About This Chapter
Workplace Posting Requirements - Chapter Summary
Watch quick and entertaining video lessons to help you with the notices for Worker's Compensation. Assess how well you remember the posting requirements for Fair Employment Housing and the Employment Development Department. In all, this chapter will help you with your remembrance of the following:
- Department of Industrial Relations and U.S. Department of Labor's requirements for posting
- Notices for Worker's Compensation
- Fair Employment and Housing and the Employment Development Department's posting requirements
- Posts required by Cal/OSHA, state agencies, and federal agencies
Move at your own pace through the chapter. Let our expert instructors help you if you have any questions. Utilize the timeline at the bottom of each video to go to different parts of the videos. Our lesson transcripts are also available for you to read through and create vocabulary lists.
1. The Department of Industrial Relations' Employer Posting Requirements
In this lesson, we will discuss the workplace legal posting requirements as required by the Department of Industrial Relations, including how you can get a copy of the posting.
2. US Department of Labor's Requirements for Employer Postings
How does the federal government make sure employees are aware of their rights in the workplace? Let's briefly review the US Department of Labor's requirements for employee rights posters.
3. Worker's Compensation Notification & Reporting Requirements
The State of California has specific workers' compensation requirements that are unique to the state. This lesson reviews the responsibility of a Human Resources department in California to provide information about Workers' Compensation benefits, and what to do in the event of an injury or illness that was a result of being on-the-job.
4. Postings Required by the Department of Fair Employment & Housing
Protecting employees from harassment and discrimination are important measures in a workplace. In this lesson, you'll learn more about postings required by government agencies to explain employees' rights.
5. Employment Development Department's Required Postings
In this lesson we will look at the the California Employment Development Department's required postings and written notices to employees that must be made by employers.
6. Workplace Postings Required by State & Federal Agencies
There are several workplace postings that are required by state and federal law. In this lesson, we will review Time Off to Vote (Elections Code Section 14001 et seq) and Equal Employment Opportunity Is The Law (US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission).
7. Workplace Postings Required by Cal/OSHA
This lesson provides information on California workplace legal posting requirements as outlined by Cal/OSHA, including where postings need to be placed and how they can be obtained.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam: Practice & Study Guide course
- Employment Laws & Enforcement Agencies
- California Employee Compensation Law
- Employment & Employee Relations in California
- California New Hire Documents
- California Termination Documents
- California Employment Tax Forms & Requirements
- Benefits & Leaves of Absence in California Employment
- Health, Safety & Workers' Compensation in California
- PHR-CA/SPHR-CA Certification Exam Flashcards