About This Chapter
Workplace Psychological Health - Chapter Summary
In this engaging chapter, our expert instructors present key topics related to workplace psychological health. You'll study stress in the workplace, time management, bullying and much more in these user-friendly lessons. Take your time as you move through the chapter, and feel free to go back as many times as needed to review any of the subjects that are more challenging. Our multiple-choice lesson quizzes and chapter test are a great way to ensure you're understanding what you're learning. Once you complete these lessons, you should be able to:
- Define psychological health and outline related topics
- Outline sources of stress in the workplace
- Explain how stress in the workplace is best dealt with
- Identify the relationship between time management and job stress
- Provide individual and organizational techniques to manage stress on the job
- Discuss bullying and alcoholism in the workplace
- Identify successful health and wellness programs for the work environment
1. What is Psychological Health? - Definition & Topics
In this lesson, you'll learn the definition of psychological health, and you'll gain an understanding of the wide breadth of topics this field encompasses.
2. Stress in the Workplace: Definition, Sources & Meaning
The workplace is a constant source of stress for individuals. Managers need to understand the different sources of stress. Work demands and nonwork demands are the two major sources of stress that individuals face daily.
3. How to Deal with Stress in the Workplace
Workplace stress is a mental or emotional strain on an individual due to specific work circumstances. Most individuals feel stress during their daily work. There are many techniques that can be used to help deal with stress in the workplace.
4. Time Management & Job Stress
Time management is something we all deal with as our lives get more hectic. In this lesson, we will address time management and the stress it can put on an individual in the workplace.
5. Stress Management: Individual and Organizational Techniques & Methods
Companies need to help employees learn how to manage their stress at work. Preventative stress management is a corporate philosophy that is concerned with eliminating stress and improving employee health. There are numerous organizational and individual techniques that can be used to help improve employee stress.
6. Bullying in the Workplace
Bullying does not only happen in schools, but it also can happen in the workplace. In this lesson, we will learn the definition of workplace bullying, the effects, and how to handle workplace bullying.
7. Alcoholism in the Workplace
Alcohol has a significant impact on performance, safety, and morale in the workplace. Alcohol consumption can have an impact even if a worker does not have a drinking problem. These impacts increase dramatically when alcohol abuse or alcoholism is present.
8. Health & Wellness Programs in the Workplace
Health and wellness programs are becoming more popular in the workplace. This lesson will discuss the different types of health and wellness programs in the workplace and the benefits they provide.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 160 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Psychology 301: Industrial/Organizational Psychology course
- Introduction to Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Job Analysis & Evaluation Methods
- Employee Selection: Recruiting & Interviewing
- Performance Management: Evaluating Employee Performance
- Employee Training & Development
- Employee Motivation, Satisfaction & Commitment
- The Psychology of Employee Engagement
- Leadership & Conflict in the Workplace
- The Psychology of Groups
- Teamwork & Teams in the Workplace
- Organizational Development & Change
- Research Methods in Industrial/Organizational Psychology
- Required Assignments for Psychology 301
- Studying for Psychology 301