About This Chapter
World Cultures and Traditions for Kids - Chapter Summary
If your students need to review world cultures and traditions, simply assign them these fun and entertaining lessons. Each lesson is taught by an expert instructors who uses an approachable and engaging teaching style. Your students can also take the accompanying lesson quizzes and chapter exam to reinforce their understanding of different world cultures and traditions.
- Facts about Chinese New Year dragons
- More world culture and tradition topics
Who It's For
Kids who need extra help learning about world cultures and traditions will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There's no faster or easier way to learn about different cultures and traditions from around the world.
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding information about different types of world cultures and traditions
- Students who have learning disabilities or need a little extra help learning about world cultures and traditions
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning about geography (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient and convenient way to learn about world cultures and traditions
- Students who struggle to understand their geography teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra geography resources
How It Works
- Find lessons in the chapter that cover the world cultures and traditions your student needs to learn or review.
- Press play to watch the video lesson with your student or read through the text lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts and highlighted vocab words to reinforce learning about world cultures and traditions.
- Test your student's understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify your student understands world cultures and traditions by completing the World Cultures and Traditions for Kids chapter exam.
1. Chinese New Year Dragon Facts: Lesson for Kids
How is a new year celebrated in the Chinese culture? With dragons, of course! In this lesson, find out how dragons are an important part of Chinese New Year celebrations, what they represent, and how the Chinese make dragons dance.
2. Taino People: Lesson for Kids
The Taino people of the Caribbean were the first native Americans encountered by Christopher Columbus on his journey to the New World. Learn about their culture and history in this lesson.
3. Fast Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Fast food has been around for a long time, and it seems to get more popular every day. Unfortunately, fast food often takes the place of nutritious food in our diets. In this lesson, you'll learn about fast food, why it came to be, and some of the ways it affects our health.
4. Greek Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Do you know what food is eaten in Greece more than anywhere else in the world? In this lesson, find out the history behind Greek food. Discover the unique dishes of classical Greek food.
5. Italian Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
In this lesson you will learn about the history of Italian food. Read on to find out how some of our favorite foods were first made, and why they are still so popular today!
6. Egyptian Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
What does a river have to do with Egyptian food? In this lesson, we will explore Egyptian food from ancient times to today by learning about the Nile River and Egyptian agriculture.
7. French Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Have you ever eaten French food? Chances are good that you have! In this lesson, discover the history of French food and the chefs that modernized it. Discover how many ways an egg can be cooked and what bouillabaisse is.
8. German Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
What foods do people in Germany enjoy eating? In this lesson, find out what bratwurst and schnitzel are. Discover what cake is named after a forest and what popular German festival is held every year.
9. Spanish Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Spanish food as we know it today may have a broader array of dishes than any other in the world due to Spain's history as a ruler of many other parts of the world. Learn about the influences that make up Spanish cuisine today.
10. Mexican Food Lesson for Kids: Facts & History
Mexican food is one of the most popular cuisines in North America and has spread from there to the world. Learn about the development of uniquely Mexican dishes and the history of the nation's meals in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Geography for Kids course