About This Chapter
World Tourism Organizations - Chapter Summary
In this informative chapter, you'll review notable world tourism organizations. Our lessons address the role of these groups on an international level as well as on a smaller scale. All of our learning materials are written by professional instructors and available 24 hours a day for your convenient review. Along with each lesson, you'll find a short, multiple-choice quiz you can take to help you stay on track. In case you have any questions, you can contact an instructor for assistance along the way. Once you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
- Identify some international travel organizations
- Explain what the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) does
- Detail what regional and national tourism organizations do
1. International Tourism & Travel Organizations
Learn how international tourism organizations help those in the travel and tourism industry improve their business and help business owner appreciate the benefits that travel brings. You'll also find out about four of the major international tourism organizations and their summit dates.
2. What Is the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO)?
When people travel and go to other places as tourists, it impacts these places in unseen ways. In this lesson, you'll learn what the United Nations World Tourism Organization is doing about it.
3. National & Regional Tourism & Travel Organizations
After reading this lesson, you will understand the purpose of national tourism organizations. You'll see how these organizations help promote tourism to their respective countries through marketing activities in other countries.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 95 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 2,000 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Hospitality 105: Introduction to the Tourism & Travel Industry course
- Overview of the Tourism Industry
- Consumer Behavior of Travelers
- Tourism Policy & Planning
- Tourism Economics
- Lodging Classifications
- Lodging Operations
- Food & Beverage Operations
- Transportation in Tourism Management
- Recreation Organizations in Tourism Management
- Intermediaries in Tourism Management
- Global Issues Affecting Tourism
- Tourism Marketing
- Tourism & Hospitality Trends
- Tourism & Travel Careers
- Studying for Hospitality 105