About This Chapter
World Trade Organization - Chapter Summary
This chapter helps you learn about the functions of international trade organizations, including the World Trade Organization (WTO). Containing informative and engaging lessons, this business chapter will help you outline world trade rules and agreements, as well as environmental policies and the history of the WTO.
Studying this chapter is easy and effective; after watching short video lessons, you can quickly test your understanding of the material by reviewing the lesson transcripts and taking the included self-assessment quizzes. The chapter is conveniently available at any time, day or night. After studying this collection of lessons, you'll be able to:
- Outline international trade organizations and trade agreements
- Summarize the history and purpose of the World Trade Organization
- List members of the WTO
- Evaluate world trade rules and environmental policies
1. International Trade Organizations and Trade Agreements
International trade organizations and trade agreements have enormous power in the global trade environment. In this lesson, you will learn about the roles of the GATT, NAFTA, and the World Trade Organization.
2. The World Trade Organization: Definition, History, Purpose & Members
Find out what the World Trade Organization is and what it hopes to accomplish. Learn about the history of this organization and who some of the current members are.
3. World Trade Rules & Environmental Policies
Environmental policies help the environment by managing human activities. Learn how world trade rules and environmental policies relate to each other and the impact they can have on environmental protection in this lesson.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 320: Advanced International Business course
- Globalization & International Business
- Organizational Structure & Communication
- Understanding Global Economic Environments
- Entering the Global Marketplace
- Regional Integration
- International Trade Theory & Policy
- Global Money System
- Exchange Rate Determination & Forecasting
- Factors of Economic Growth & Development
- Foreign Direct Investments
- Balance of Payments
- International Business Strategy
- Crisis Management & International Business
- International Business Ethics