About This Chapter
World Trade Organizations - Chapter Summary
In this chapter, you'll study a series of engaging lessons that describe the fundamentals of the World Trade Organization and GATT. Our expert instructors examine the functions of these organizations, as well as important international trade and retailing trends. Each lesson comes with a short quiz that you can take to strengthen your understanding of the information. We've also made this chapter accessible 24/7, which helps you study world trade organizations whenever you have free time in your schedule. When you're finished with the chapter, you should be equipped to:
- Discuss the histories, purposes and members of GATT and the World Trade Organization
- Analyze current issues related to international trade and retailing
- Explain how the world trading system impacts international retailing strategy
1. GATT: Definition, History, Purpose & Members
Many nations depend on international trade agreements, such as the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT), to stimulate their economies. In this lesson, you'll learn about the history, purpose, and members of GATT.
2. The World Trade Organization: Definition, History, Purpose & Members
Find out what the World Trade Organization is and what it hopes to accomplish. Learn about the history of this organization and who some of the current members are.
3. Current Issues in International Trade & International Retailing
International trade an international retailing face a unique set of challenges compared to their domestic-only counterparts. This lesson details some of the WTO's most significant current issues in international commerce.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Business 205: International Retailing Strategy & Operations course
- Introduction to Business Globalization
- International Market Dynamics
- Cultural Differences in Business
- International Trade Theories
- International Trade Policy
- Strategies for International Business
- International Market Entry Strategy
- International Production & Logistics
- International Supply Chain Management & Distribution
- International Product, Pricing & Marketing Strategy