About This Chapter
Who's it for?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering material for the SAT will benefit from taking this course. You will be able to grasp the subject matter faster, retain critical knowledge longer and earn higher scores. You're in the right place if you:
- Have fallen behind in understanding the writing section's structure and types of questions
- Need an efficient way to prepare for the SAT writing section
- Learn best with engaging auditory and visual tools
- Struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Experience difficulty understanding your teachers
- Missed class time and need to catch up
- Can't access extra SAT review resources at school
How it works:
- Start at the beginning, or identify the topics that you need help with.
- Watch and learn from fun videos, reviewing as needed.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Submit questions to one of our instructors for personalized support if you need extra help.
- Verify you're ready by completing the writing section prep chapter exam.
Why it works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the writing section prep chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any question about the writing section. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students will review:
In this chapter, you'll learn the answer to questions including:
- How is the writing section structured and scored?
- What are some strategies for answering questions on sentence improvement?
- How should I approach questions on identifying sentence errors?
- What are some tips for answering questions on improving paragraphs?
- What is the structure of the SAT essay?
- What are some tips on completing the essay portion?
1. About the SAT Writing Section: Structure, Patterns & Scoring
Learn about the writing portion on the new SAT and what kinds of questions you can expect. This lesson covers passage types, question types, and the overall structure of the test. Then try some practice questions on the quiz.
2. SAT Writing & Language Test: Command of Evidence
This lesson will explain what Command of Evidence Questions are on the SAT Writing and Language test and how to respond to them. It will also provide examples of these questions.
3. SAT Writing & Language Test: Analysis Questions - History & Science
In this lesson we will practice strategies for tackling the Writing and Language section of the SAT exam. We will learn about the section requirements and work through several examples.
4. SAT Writing & Language Test: Expression of Ideas
The Expression of Ideas section of the SAT Writing and Language test doesn't have to be hard. In this lesson, we will take a look at the Expressions of Ideas portion of the SAT's Writing and Language test entails so you can be ready for the exam.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the SAT Prep: Help and Review course
- SAT - About the Test: Help and Review
- SAT Test Prep: General Info
- Writing - Text & Argument Analysis: Help and Review
- Writing - Word Choice & Expression: Help and Review
- Writing - Standard English Grammar: Help and Review
- Writing - Writing & Language Test Practice: Help and Review
- Writing - The Essay Portion: Help and Review
- Writing - Planning & Writing An Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Parts of an Essay: Help and Review
- Writing - Sentence Clarity and Structure: Help and Review
- Writing - Essay Writing Skills: Help and Review
- Writing - How to Write an Argument: Help and Review
- Writing - Supporting Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Revising Your Writing: Help and Review
- Writing - Grammar and Usage: Help and Review
- Reading - About the Reading Section: Help and Review
- Reading - Sentence Completions: Help and Review
- Reading - Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Understanding Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Interpreting & Analyzing Text: Help and Review
- Reading - Mastering Reading Passages: Help and Review
- Reading - Literary Terms: Help and Review
- Reading - US Documents & Speeches: Help and Review
- Math - About the Math Section: Help and Review
- Math - Numbers and Operations: Help and Review
- Math - Exponents: Help and Review
- Math - Equations and Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Rational Equations & Expressions: Help and Review
- Math - Inequalities: Help and Review
- Math - Functions: Help and Review
- Math - Quadratic Equations: Help and Review
- Math - Ratios, Rates & Proportional Relationships: Help and Review
- Math - Unit Rate & Measurement Conversions: Help and Review
- Math - Geometry and Measurement: Help and Review
- Math - Triangles & Trigonometric Ratios: Help and Review
- Math - Data Analysis, Statistics & Probability: Help and Review
- SAT Vocabulary Practice