About This Chapter
How it works:
- Begin your assignment or other AP English literature work.
- Identify the writing revision and skill development concepts that you're stuck on.
- Find fun videos on the topics you need to understand.
- Press play, watch and learn!
- Complete the quizzes to test your understanding.
- As needed, submit a question to one of our instructors for personalized support.
Who's it for?
This chapter of our AP English literature tutoring solution will benefit any student who is trying to learn writing revision and skill development and earn better grades. This resource can help students including those who:
- Struggle with understanding how to correct sentence errors, proofread for grammar and spelling, or any other writing revision and skill development topic
- Have limited time for studying
- Want a cost effective way to supplement their English learning
- Prefer learning English visually
- Find themselves failing or close to failing their writing revision and skill development unit
- Cope with ADD or ADHD
- Want to get ahead in AP English literature
- Don't have access to their English teacher outside of class
Why it works:
- Engaging Tutors: We make learning writing revision and skill development simple and fun.
- Cost Efficient: For less than 20% of the cost of a private tutor, you'll have unlimited access 24/7.
- Consistent High Quality: Unlike a live English tutor, these video lessons are thoroughly reviewed.
- Convenient: Imagine a tutor as portable as your laptop, tablet or smartphone. Learn writing revision and skill development on the go!
- Learn at Your Pace: You can pause and rewatch lessons as often as you'd like, until you master the material.
- Learn four basic steps to write a great essay quickly.
- Get a game plan to practice, evaluate and improve your writing.
- Explore the basics of self-editing for content, as well as grammar, misspellings and other mechanical errors.
- Find the right proofreading strategy for you.
1. How to Write a Great Essay Quickly
Many tests will require you to write a timed essay. You may feel panicked at the idea of having to produce a high-quality essay under a tight time constraint. But you can relax: this video shows you four basic steps to follow so that you can write a great essay quickly.
2. Practicing Essay Writing to Get Better at Writing
It can be tough to practice your essay-writing skills on your own without a teacher's feedback. With some time and practice (and by using this game plan), you'll be on your way to practicing, evaluating and improving your writing.
3. Writing Revision: How to Fix Mistakes in Your Writing
Writing is an important skill, but revising your writing is also. In this lesson, learn the basics of self-editing, including editing for content and for mechanics, such as grammar and misspellings.
4. How to Proofread an Essay for Spelling and Grammar
Proofreading is the last step in revising an essay - don't skip it! A single typo can sometimes ruin the hard work of an entire paper. This lesson will help you find the right proofreading strategy for you.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the AP English Literature: Tutoring Solution course
- AP English - Literary Analysis Intro: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Interpreting Literature: Tutoring Solution
- Rhetorical Devices in AP English: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Poetry: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Types of Poetry: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Prose: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Prose Fiction: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - American Literary Periods and Movements: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Examples of American Literary Analysis: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - English Literary Periods and Movements: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Examples of English Literary Analysis: Tutoring Solution
- Grammar Review in AP English: Tutoring Solution
- AP English - Essay Basics - Types of Essay: Tutoring Solution
- Essay Basics in AP English - Conventions in Essay Writing: Tutoring Solution
- Beginning the Writing Process in AP English: Tutoring Solution
- Writing & Structuring an Essay in AP English: Tutoring Solution
- About the AP English Literature Test