About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering quotes found in this novel will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about important quotes from Wuthering Heights. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who want to learn a broad topic in a short amount of time
- Students who are looking for easy ways to identify the most important information on the topic
- Students who have fallen behind in memorizing quotes about love, revenge and other topics in Wuthering Heights
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning literature (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who have limited time to study for an upcoming exam
How It Works:
- Complete each lesson in the chapter to review all key topics.
- Refer to the lesson to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with a short quiz.
- Complete your review with the Wuthering Heights Quotes chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: The lessons in this chapter cover only information you need to know.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging instruction and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Take the Wuthering Heights Quotes chapter exam to make sure you're prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any literature question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: View lessons on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter summarizes the material students need to know about quotes found in Wuthering Heights for a standard literature course. Topics covered include:
- Love quotes in the novel
- Quotes in this novel about revenge
- Wuthering Heights quotes related to the setting
- Analysis of Catherine Earnshaw quotes
- Major quotes from Heathcliff, including an explanation of the 'I am Heathcliff' quote
- Quotes from Catherine Linton and Hareton Earnshaw
1. Wuthering Heights Love Quotes
In this lesson, we will look at some quotes from the story that are examples of different types of love the various characters experience in 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Brontë.
2. Wuthering Heights Quotes About Revenge
In 'Wuthering Heights' by Emily Bronte, Hindley and Heathcliff manage not only to self-destruct, but to obliterate everyone around them as well. In this lesson, we will look at the part that revenge plays in this novel.
3. Quotes from Wuthering Heights About Setting
Emily Bronte's ''Wuthering Heights'' is set on the English moors, the perfect location for a spooky, brooding novel. The landscape is off-putting to newcomers, but the residents seem to draw strength from the treacherous beauty of their surroundings.
4. Catherine Earnshaw Quotes: Examples & Analysis
Catherine Earnshaw is one of the most complex and interesting characters in Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights'. Catherine's own words in the novel reveal the conflict between her love for Heathcliff and her own self interest.
5. Heathcliff Quotes from Wuthering Heights: Examples & Analysis
If you're reading 'Wuthering Heights', you may find it tough to keep all the characters straight. In this lesson, we'll examine some of Heathcliff's quotes and develop a deeper understanding of his character.
6. 'I am Heathcliff': Quote Explained
'I am Heathcliff!' Spoken by Catherine Earnshaw to the maid Nelly in Chapter 9 of Emily Bronte's 'Wuthering Heights,' these words send a powerful message about friendship, love, and marriage. Let's dive in.
7. Catherine Linton and Hareton Quotes in Wuthering Heights
In ''Wuthering Heights'' by Emily Bronte, Cathy and Hareton are cousins from a highly dysfunctional and incestuous family. In this lesson, we will examine their relationship through quotes in the story.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Wuthering Heights Study Guide course
- Wuthering Heights Literary & Historical Context
- Wuthering Heights Literary Devices & Techniques
- Wuthering Heights Literary Analysis & Themes
- Wuthering Heights Criticism & Interpretations
- Wuthering Heights Characters
- Wuthering Heights Settings
- Chapter Summaries for Wuthering Heights
- Teaching Wuthering Heights