About This Chapter
Yoga & Flexibility Lesson Plans - Chapter Summary
If you need to plan a physical education unit on yoga and flexibility, check out this series of useful teacher planning resources. The chapter provides easy-to-use lesson plan outlines on topics like yoga, flexibility and stretching.
Included in the chapter are topical lessons that explain the benefits of yoga as well as give instruction on how to perform basic stretches and exercises. You can access these resources at any time, which helps you plan your curriculum at home, at school or wherever you happen to be.
How It Helps
- Lesson planning resources: Allows you to plan yoga and flexibility lessons in one easy-to-access and convenient location.
- Access additional resources: Incorporate the supplemental material into your lesson plans as a way to start class discussions about stretching, yoga and flexibility.
- Engages students: Our simple lessons explain physical education topics in an engaging and simple way.
How It Works
This helpful resource offers teachers lesson plan resources with relevant tools to make planning yoga and flexibility lessons easy.
- Use lesson plan outlines for specific yoga and flexibility topics you want to cover in class.
- Formulate your physical education class outline using the suggested classroom tools offered in the lesson plans.
- Share the related yoga and flexibility lessons with students in class to make learning fun and engaging.
- Use related lesson quizzes to ensure your students understand the most important yoga and flexibility concepts from the lessons.
- Engage your students with relevant yoga and flexibility activities, discussion questions or other materials found in the lesson plan outline.
1. Yoga Lesson Plan
Teach your students about yoga using this lesson plan as your guide. With it, students will watch an informational video lesson outlining stress management techniques like yoga and tai chi, then zoom in on yoga fundamentals and poses. Follow up with an application activity.
2. Yoga Lesson Plan for Elementary School
Yoga has great health benefits and can be done almost anywhere, even a classroom. Use this lesson plan to teach your students about the history of yoga and have them practice some fun and basic yoga poses.
3. Yoga Lesson for Kids: Definition & Benefits
Yoga is an ancient practice of relaxation and movement that has a unique history and many health benefits. In this lesson, find out how this form of exercise was developed and discover how yoga can help a person stay healthy and fit.
4. Flexibility Lesson Plan
Teach your students about flexibility with this lesson plan. Students will watch an engaging video lesson that defines flexibility and shows stretches and exercises they can use to increase their flexibility. Ask and answer questions before allowing students apply learning to an activity.
5. Flexibility in Fitness: Definition, Stretches & Exercises
Flexibility is important in fitness because it allows for better performance when playing sports or exercising, and during your day-to-day activities, it makes bending, walking, and lifting easier. In this lesson, you will learn how stretching and certain types of exercises can help improve flexibility.
6. Stretching Lesson Plan
Why is stretching important and what benefits can it offer? This lesson plan is based on an informative text lesson that explains and exemplifies stretching. An activity gets students out of their seats and engaged with stretching.
7. Gymnastics Lesson Plan
Teach your students about gymnastics safety and skills with the help of this lesson plan. With it, students will first read a text lesson overviewing safety measures for gymnastics, then use another text lesson that explains how to develop gymnastics skills before getting active.
8. Safety in Gymnastics: Techniques & Equipment
Staying safe while practicing gymnastics is the key to success. In this lesson, we'll talk about personal safety equipment, training tips, and general gym safety. When practicing cautiously, gymnastics is both safe and fun!
9. How to Develop Gymnastics Skills
In this lesson we examine different ways to develop both women's and men's gymnastic skills. We will also discuss the crucial role diet and nutrition play in attaining these said skills.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.