About This Chapter
Who's It For?
Anyone who needs help learning or mastering zero product property and inverse property material will benefit from the lessons in this chapter. There is no faster or easier way to learn about the zero product and inverse properties. Among those who would benefit are:
- Students who have fallen behind in understanding the zero product property or inverse property
- Students who struggle with learning disabilities or learning differences, including autism and ADHD
- Students who prefer multiple ways of learning math (visual or auditory)
- Students who have missed class time and need to catch up
- Students who need an efficient way to learn about the zero product or inverse properties
- Students who struggle to understand their teachers
- Students who attend schools without extra math learning resources
How It Works:
- Find videos in our course that cover what you need to learn or review.
- Press play and watch the video lesson.
- Refer to the video transcripts to reinforce your learning.
- Test your understanding of each lesson with short quizzes.
- Verify you're ready by completing the Zero Product Property & Inverse Property chapter exam.
Why It Works:
- Study Efficiently: Skip what you know, review what you don't.
- Retain What You Learn: Engaging animations and real-life examples make topics easy to grasp.
- Be Ready on Test Day: Use the Zero Product Property & Inverse Property chapter exam to be prepared.
- Get Extra Support: Ask our subject-matter experts any zero product property or inverse property question. They're here to help!
- Study With Flexibility: Watch videos on any web-ready device.
Students Will Review:
This chapter helps students review the concepts in a zero product property and inverse property unit of a standard number properties course. Topics covered include:
- The multiplication property of zero
- The zero product property
- Inverse mathematical operations
- The additive inverse property
1. The Multiplication Property of Zero: Definition & Examples
The number zero has different rules than other numbers; it behaves according to it's own unique properties. This lesson will define the multiplication property of zero and give some examples of how it works.
2. Zero Product Property: Definition & Examples
After completing this lesson, you will be able to state the Zero Product Property and apply it to real numbers and algebraic expressions. You will also be able to solve equations using the Zero Product Property.
3. Additive Inverse Property: Definition & Examples
In this lesson, we will examine the additive inverse of a given number. We will also learn about the additive inverse of a variable and how it can be represented graphically. Finally, we will explore the most widely employed application of the additive inverse.
4. Inverse Operations in Math: Definition & Examples
In mathematics, inverse operations are operations that 'undo' each other. Most operations have an inverse. This lesson describes the most common operations and their inverses, and it provides some examples and a quiz to cement your knowledge.
5. Finding the Inverse of ln(x)
How do you find the inverse function of ln(x)? After we go over the steps involved with this process, we'll look at how to check our work in two different ways using rules and graphs.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 200 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.