About This Chapter
Zoning & Development for Real Estate - Chapter Summary
Our engaging chapter covers development and zoning in real estate, as well as the related topic of cluster zoning. Spot zoning and real estate plottage are also topics of discussion. If you're struggling to understand any of the subjects, feel free to contact one of our instructors for help. All of our learning materials are available for you to study 24 hours a day on your mobile device or computer. You can use the lesson quizzes as a great test prep exercise ahead of an upcoming exam. Once you complete this chapter, you should be able to:
- Explain what planned unit development (PUD) housing is
- Define spot zoning
- Describe value and increment as they apply to plottage in real estate
1. What is Cluster Zoning? - Definition & Concept
Cluster Zoning is just one type of zoning in real estate. Upon completion of this lesson, the reader shall have a firm grasp of what cluster zoning is and why people would purchase homes in cluster zoned developments.
2. What is PUD (Planned Unit Development) Housing?
In this lesson, the reader will learn about Planned Unit Development (PUD) Housing. A definition and examples will be provided, with the goal of providing the reader with sufficient information to leave the reader with a firm grasp of this type of housing development.
3. What is Spot Zoning? - Definition & Examples
In this lesson, spot zoning will be defined. Additionally, examples of spot zoning will be provided. Upon completion, the reader should have a strong knowledge of the term spot zoning and be able to apply examples to this term.
4. Plottage in Real Estate: Definition, Value & Increment
In this lesson, we'll define plottage and explain how it's used by real estate owners to combine adjacent properties and increase the value of real estate holdings.
Earning College Credit
Did you know… We have over 220 college courses that prepare you to earn credit by exam that is accepted by over 1,500 colleges and universities. You can test out of the first two years of college and save thousands off your degree. Anyone can earn credit-by-exam regardless of age or education level.
To learn more, visit our Earning Credit Page
Transferring credit to the school of your choice
Not sure what college you want to attend yet? Study.com has thousands of articles about every imaginable degree, area of study and career path that can help you find the school that's right for you.
Other chapters within the Real Estate Training course
- Forms of Property Ownership
- Advanced Property Ownership Issues
- Encumbrances in Real Estate
- Advanced Encumbrances in Real Estate
- Land Use Regulations & Zoning
- Land Descriptions & Surveys
- Transfer of Real Property
- Advanced Transfer of Real Property
- Fair Housing & Consumer Protection Laws in Real Estate
- Real Estate Transactions & Contracts
- Contract Law in Real Estate
- Role of Agencies in Real Estate
- Property Valuation & Appraisal
- Real Estate Investment & Analysis
- Property Condition Disclosure Statements in Real Estate
- Overview of Real Estate Financing
- Real Estate Loan Types & Programs
- Real Estate Loan Regulations
- Real Estate Loan Calculations
- Real Estate Closing & Settlement Procedures
- Real Estate Taxes, Warranties & Insurance
- Leases & Property Management
- Principles of Practicing Real Estate
- Real Estate Ethics & Professional Responsibility
- Laws, Rules & Contracts for Real Estate
- Agency in Real Estate
- Property in Real Estate
- Principles & Theories in Real Estate
- Tenancy & Leases in Real Estate
- Real Estate Training Flashcards