Addison-area students have a plethora of options when it comes to a college education within 25 miles. In this article, we focus specifically on the more traditional public or private universities and colleges in the region, and students to determine if any represent a good academic fit based on information presented in the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Addison, Illinois
If students are concerned with attending school near downtown Addison, then there are plenty of 2-year and 4-year school options. Most of the schools that are closest to Addison are private specialty schools.
- Elmhurst College (4.2 miles from downtown)
- College of DuPage (5.2 miles from downtown)
- Wheaton College (7.4 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Oak Brook (7.6 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Schaumburg (8.5 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Addison, Illinois
Students wishing to attend a larger institution have several schools to choose from that have more than 10,000 students. The largest schools near Addison tend to have graduate programs as well as undergraduate programs.
- College of DuPage (29,476 students)
- University of Illinois at Chicago (27,969 students)
- DeVry University-Illinois (24,220 students)
- DePaul University (23,799 students)
- Northwestern University (21,554 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
The net price is a result of subtracting the average institutional or government aid from the total cost of attendance for a full-time undergrad. The net price for schools in the Addison area ranged from about $200 to over $44,000 for the 2014-2015 school year, according to the NCES.
- Morton College ($3,999)
- Elgin Community College ($4,332)
- Moraine Valley Community College ($4,573)
- Triton College ($5,274)
- Oakton Community College ($5,941)
Highest Graduation Rates
Many of the traditional schools in the area had graduation rates over 50% for 2014, according to the NCES. The rates were based on full-time undergraduate students who graduated within 150% of 'normal' graduation time, such as in six years for a bachelor's degree rather than four years.
- Northwestern University (93% graduation rate)
- University of Chicago (92% graduation rate)
- Wheaton College (89% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Chicago (74% graduation rate)
- Illinois Institute of Technology (73% graduation rate)
Students wishing to attend school near Addison, IL, have no shortage of public or private institutions to choose from and can help narrow the search by comparing schools based on location, size, price, and graduation rates.