Using statistics compiled by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES), we'll examine schools in the Alpharetta area in categories such as lowest net price and highest graduation rate.
Closest Schools to Alpharetta, Georgia
Students considering schools near Alpharetta, Georgia, have several 2-year and 4-year schools to choose from. Take a look at the following, all of which are less than 20 miles away from the heart of downtown.
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth (8.3 miles from downtown)
- American InterContinental University-Atlanta (13.5 miles from downtown)
- Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta (13.5 miles from downtown)
- Argosy University-Atlanta (13.5 miles)
- Strayer University-Georgia (14 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools near Alpharetta, Georgia
By far, Kennesaw State University has the largest student population with 33,252 students enrolled in 2014-2015, with 30,480 being undergraduates. Other top private and public large schools include:
- Georgia Gwinnett College (11,468 undergraduates)
- Chattahoochee Technical College (9,817 undergraduates)
- Gwinnett Technical College (6,959 undergraduates)
- Strayer University (4,504 undergraduates)
- Oglethorpe University (1,155 undergraduates)
Lowest Net Price
Students who need to keep an eye on finances will want to consider a school's net price. This is calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid received by the average student from the total cost of attendance, which includes tuition, fees, books, room and board. Colleges and universities in the Alpharetta area have net prices ranging from around $2,800 to more than $29,000. Below are the schools with the lowest net prices for 2014-2015. All figures can be attributed to the NCES.
- Chattahoochee Technical College ($2,894)
- Gwinnett Technical College ($8,015)
- Georgia Gwinnett College ($12,264)
- Kennesaw State University ($17,493)
- Argosy University-Atlanta ($19,173)
Highest Graduation Rate
A school's overall graduation rate is the percentage of students who complete an academic program within 150% of the 'normal' time (e.g., six years for a bachelor's degree). Overall graduation rates reported by Alpharetta-area colleges and universities range from 12% to 80%. These are the highest graduation rates as reported by the NCES for the class of 2015:
- Oglethorpe University (53% graduation rate)
- Sanford-Brown College-Atlanta (49% graduation rate)
- Kennesaw State University (42% graduation rate)
- American InterContinental University (34% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Duluth (27% graduation rate)
Students searching for schools moderately priced with high graduation rates and located near Alpharetta, Georgia, have several options.