There are numerous postsecondary institutions close to Anderson, IN, but most of them operate on a for-profit basis. We compare the different schools in the four categories below, according to statistics reported by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Anderson, Indiana
If proximity to Anderson is important to you, there are a handful of schools that offer undergraduate degrees, and a couple that offer graduate level degrees, within 20 miles of downtown. Most of these schools are 4-year institutions.
- Harrison College-Anderson (6.9 miles from downtown)
- Purdue University - Purdue Polytechnic Anderson (6.9 miles from downtown)
- Anderson University (7.3 miles from downtown)
- Ball State University (19.4 miles from downtown)
- Ivy Tech Community College-East Central (20.4 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Anderson, Indiana
The schools near Anderson range in student population from 14 students up to more than 90,000 students. Three of the five largest schools in the area are public institutions.
- Ivy Tech Community College (91,179)
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis (30,690)
- Ball State University (20,655)
- Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (14,943)
- Butler University (4,848)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's average net price is defined by the NCES as the total cost of attendance at the institution minus the average amount of financial aid received by full-time undergraduate students. Schools closest to and located within Anderson range in net price from just over $6,400 to more than $34,000. The following three are the least expensive traditional schools in terms of net prices for the 2014-2015 school year. All statistics have been provided by the NCES.
- Ivy Tech Community College ($6,416)
- Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis ($10,740)
- Martin University ($12,813)
- Ball State University ($12,847)
- International Business College-Indianapolis ($14,325)
Highest Graduation Rates
A school's overall graduation rate is defined by the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs and earn the corresponding awards within 150% of the time typically required to do so. The following five schools have some of the higher graduation rates for schools near Anderson for 2015, per NCES.
- International Business College-Indianapolis (85% graduation rate)
- Taylor University (77% graduation rate)
- Butler University (76% graduation rate)
- Ball State University (60% graduation rate)
- Indiana Wesleyan University-Marion (60% graduation rate)
There are several public and private school options near Anderson, IN, that were compared based on proximity to downtown Anderson, student population, lowest cost, and highest graduation rates.