The area in and around Annandale, VA, is home to roughly 40 postsecondary options for aspiring students. However, we focus exclusively on the more traditional public or private colleges and universities near Annandale offering a variety of programs. To help readers decide if any of these institutions represent a good fit, we compare and contrast the schools in the categories below from information collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Annandale, Virginia
Many of the closest schools to Annandale are less than 2-year and 2-year specialty schools. There are some 4-year schools available, a few of which offer graduate level degree programs.
- Northern Virginia Community College (located downtown)
- Columbia College (3 miles from downtown)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (5.9 miles from downtown)
- George Mason University (6.7 miles from downtown)
- Stratford University (6.7 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Annandale, Virginia
Most of the larger schools near Annandale are private institutions. Overall, the area provides a wide range of different sized schools, from the very small schools with fewer than 100 students, to the large institutions with greater than 10,000 students.
- Northern Virginia Community College (51,487 students)
- George Mason University (33,729 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,850 students)
- Marymount University (3,441 students)
- Stratford University (2,971 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price can be determined by subtracting the average amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attendance. Traditional schools around Annandale had net prices that ranged from around $9,000 to nearly $26,000, according to NCES figures from 2014-2015.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Columbia College ($9,793)
- University of Management and Technology ($12,801)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES defines a school's graduation rate as the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who complete their programs within 150% of 'normal time' (for example, completing a 4-year bachelor's program within 6 years). Graduation rates among traditional schools near Annandale were all below 70%, according to NCES figures from 2015.
- George Mason University (69% graduation rate)
- Columbia College (62% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (50% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (40% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39% graduation rate)
The Annandale, VA, area offers an array of public and private institutions that differ in proximity to Annandale, size, net price, and graduation rates.