To help students determine if any schools near Appleton, WI, meet their educational needs, the schools are compared in several categories including closest schools, largest schools, lowest net price and highest graduation rate according to data from the National Center for Education Statistics.
Closest Schools to Appleton, Wisconsin
The greater Appleton, Wisconsin, area has roughly 14 postsecondary options, including specialized cosmetology schools and 4-year colleges, among others. However, this article focuses solely on public or private institutions near Appleton offering plenty of traditional programs in a variety of fields. Schools closest to Appleton include:
- Lawrence University (0.0 miles)
- Rasmussen College - Appleton (0.8 miles)
- Fox Valley Technical College (2.1 miles)
- Globe University - Appleton (2.3 miles)
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh (19.2 miles)
Largest Schools Near Appleton, Wisconsin
Larger schools provide more options for students when it comes to degree programs, student extracurricular activities and class times. Three 4-year colleges and two 2-year schools are found within a mix of public and private institutions that have student populations ranging from about 1,500 to 14,500 per NCES data. See several larger school options near Appleton:
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh (14,541)
- Fox Valley Technical College (10,519)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (10,406)
- Saint Norbert College (2,169)
- Lawrence University (1,511)
Lowest Net Price
To figure out the average net price for a school, the NCES subtracts the average financial aid awarded to students from the average annual cost of attendance. The traditional schools with the lowest net prices are as follows.
- Fox Valley Technical College ($9,125)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College ($9,282)
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh ($12,117)
- Rasmussen College - Wisconsin ($16,669)
- Globe University - Appleton ($18,426)
Highest Graduation Rate
When determining overall graduation rates, the NCES looks at how many students completed their degrees programs within 150% of 'normal time' (e.g. three years for an associate's degree). The following section profiles the traditional schools in the region that had the highest overall graduation rates, according to the NCES.
- Lawrence University (76%)
- Saint Norbert College (73%)
- University of Wisconsin - Oshkosh (51%)
- Northeast Wisconsin Technical College (42%)
- Fox Valley Technical College (38%)
For traditional college programs and degrees near Appleton, you have several criteria to weigh in order to make an informed decision concerning your education, including proximity, cost, graduation rate and school size.