Students can find a variety of schools in and around Arlington, VA. We use data from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES) to explore the different traditional institutions in order to help students see which schools best fit their needs.
Closest Schools to Arlington, Virginia
The closest schools to Arlington are almost entirely 4-year schools. As such, most of these schools offer graduate degree programs for students interested in pursuing grad school.
- Strayer University-Virginia (located downtown)
- Argosy University-Washington DC (1.4 miles from downtown)
- University of Management and Technology (1.4 miles from downtown)
- Marymount University (2 miles from downtown)
- DeVry University-Virginia (2.9 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Arlington, Virginia
Some students may desire larger schools with more students, activities, organizations, etc. For those students near Arlington, there are mostly private schools to choose from. However, the two largest schools in the area are public institutions.
- Northern Virginia Community College (52,078 students)
- George Mason University (33,929 students)
- Strayer University-Virginia (6,473 students)
- Marymount University (3,363 students)
- Stratford University (3,303 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
Price can play a big role in a student's final decision on a school. The NCES calculates the net price of a school by taking the average amount of financial aid a full-time undergrad receives from the total cost of attendance. For the 2014-2015 school year, the traditional schools in the Arlington area ranged from just under $9,000 to over $25,000.
- Northern Virginia Community College ($8,965)
- Columbia College ($9,793)
- University of Management and Technology ($12,801)
- Argosy University-Washington DC ($14,471)
- George Mason University ($17,316)
Highest Graduation Rate
The NCES finds a school's overall graduation rate by calculating the percentage of full-time undergraduate students who graduate from their program within 150% of 'normal' time. All of the schools near Arlington with rates greater than 70% for 2015 were specialty schools.
- George Mason University (69% graduation rate)
- Columbia College (62% graduation rate)
- Marymount University (50% graduation rate)
- Stratford University (40% graduation rate)
- ITT Technical Institute-Springfield (39% graduation rate)
The Arlington, VA, area provides a plethora of private and public institutions that offer diverse locations, sizes, prices, and graduation rates to meet students' needs.