Arlington Heights is a northwestern suburb of Chicago, a metropolitan city with various non-profit post-secondary institutions. Here we compares the traditional area colleges that offer a variety of subjects and degrees using data derived from the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Arlington Heights, Illinois
If you live in the Arlington Heights, IL, area and are looking for a post-secondary institution to earn an associate or bachelor's degree you have quite a few options. Here are just five of the closest schools.
- William Rainey Harper College (3.8 miles from downtown)
- Oakton Community College (6.1 miles from downtown)
- Trinity International University-Illinois (6.8 miles from downtown)
- Lake Forest College (10.5 miles from downtown)
- City Colleges of Chicago-Wilbur Wright College (14.2 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Arlington Heights, Illinois
If you want to attend a school that has plenty of opportunities for networking and extracurricular activities, you may choose a school with a larger student body. Here are the five largest schools in the area and their student populations according to 2015 NCES reports.
- University of Illinois at Chicago (29,048 enrolled students)
- College of DuPage (28,678 enrolled students)
- DePaul University (23,539 enrolled students)
- Northwestern University (21,655 enrolled students)
- Loyola University Chicago (16,437 enrolled students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
A school's net price is calculated by subtracting the amount of financial aid full-time undergraduate students receive from the total cost of attendance. There are many schools near Arlington Heights that have average net prices under $15,000. The following schools, all of which had average net prices under $6,000 for the 2014-2015 school year, had the lowest net prices in the area according to the NCES.
- Morton College ($3,999)
- Elgin Community College ($4,332)
- College of Lake County ($4,590)
- Triton College ($5,274)
- Oakton Community College ($5,941)
Highest Graduation Rate
NCES defines a school's overall graduation rate as the percentage of students who graduate within 150% of the time it normally takes to complete their programs (for example, completing a 4-year bachelor's program within 6 years). The majority of schools around Arlington Heights have graduation rates that are under 60%, however listed below are the five highest graduation rates in the area, all of which are above 70%, as of 2015.
- Northwestern University (93% graduation rate)
- Wheaton College (89% graduation rate)
- Loyola University Chicago (74% graduation rate)
- DePaul University (73% graduation rate)
- Lake Forest College (72% graduation rate)
With this information you will be able make a more informed decision as to which school in the Arlington Heights, IL, area is right for you.