Would-be college students can choose from many postsecondary training options near Arnold, Missouri, many of which are located in nearby St. Louis. To benefit readers interested in a traditional college experience, we compare the traditional schools in the area using data collected by the National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
Closest Schools to Arnold, Missouri
The majority of the closest schools to Arnold are less than 2-year specialty schools. However, there are several traditional 4-year schools nearby, and many of them offer graduate degree programs in addition to undergraduate programs.
- ITT Technical Institute-Arnold (located downtown)
- Brown Mackie College-St Louis (5.8 miles from downtown)
- Vatterott College-Sunset Hills (7.5 miles from downtown)
- Webster University (11.2 miles from downtown)
- Missouri College (13.3 miles from downtown)
Largest Schools Near Arnold, Missouri
For students who want to attend a larger school, there are several schools with more than 1,000 students and even some with more than 10,000 students near Arnold. The bigger schools in the area tend to be private institutions.
- Saint Louis Community College (18,902 students)
- Saint Louis University (17,047 students)
- University of Missouri-St Louis (16,738 students)
- Webster University (15,256 students)
- Washington University in St Louis (14,688 students)
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Biological and Biomedical Sciences
- Communications and Journalism
- Computer Sciences
- Culinary Arts and Personal Services
- Liberal Arts and Humanities
- Mechanic and Repair Technologies
- Medical and Health Professions
- Physical Sciences
- Transportation and Distribution
- Visual and Performing Arts
Lowest Net Price
To figure out the net price of a school, the NCES takes the average annual in-state tuition cost of a full-time undergraduate student and subtracts from it the average package of financial aid students receive. The community colleges in the Arnold area tend to have lower net prices that the universities, although there are some affordable university options as well for 2014-2015.
- Jefferson College ($5,494)
- Saint Louis Community College ($7,453)
- University of Missouri-St Louis ($8,158)
- Harris-Stowe State University ($9,172)
- Ranken Technical College ($15,616)
Highest Graduation Rates
The school with the highest graduation rate in the Arnold area has a 93% graduation rate for 2015. The graduation statistics are from the NCES and are acquired by looking at full-time undergrad students who completed their bachelor's degree programs within six years, which is 150% of the program's normal time.
- Washington University in St Louis (93% graduation rate)
- Hickey College (75% graduation rate)
- Missouri College (74% graduation rate)
- Maryville University of Saint Louis (71% graduation rate)
- Saint Louis University (71% graduation rate)
The Arnold, MO, area had a plethora of 2-year and 4-year institutions that offer a wide variety of school locations, prices, sizes, and graduation rates to match a student's needs and preferences.