Online Business Courses for Credit
Online business courses that don't require students to register or pay tuition are plentiful, but these courses don't lead to college credit. Students who would rather earn credit for the courses they take online might want to consider resources that charge a fee in exchange for access to online course materials.Study.com offers this form of distance learning through its quick and informative video lessons and corresponding self-assessment quizzes. Students also have access to free transcripts for the video lessons.
Students can start with Business 101: Principles of Management which include chapters like:
- Management Basics - Study different managers' roles and examine the four functions of management.
- Leading in Organizations - This chapter explores the difference between leadership and management and how the two work together. Various leadership styles are also covered.
Business 102: Principles of Marketing includes chapters like:
- Marketing Philosophies and Ethics - Learn about marketing versus sales, corporate responsibility and cause-related marketing.
- Consumer Decision Making - Topics include consumer behavior theory, the purchase process, cognitive dissonance and consumer buying influences.
Business 104: Information Systems and Computer Applications offers these chapters and more:
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Accounting and Bookkeeping
- Business Economics
- Business Finance
- Business Management and Operations
- Business Marketing
- Business Support and Administrative Services
- Entrepreneurship and Small Business Development
- Hospitality Management
- Human Resource Management
- Information System Management
- International Business
- Sales and Merchandising
- Specialized Sales
Free Online Non-Credit Business Courses
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
MIT OpenCourseWare might be the next best thing to getting an MIT education for free. Through these free online publication, students can find bachelor-level and master-level courses business courses offered by MIT's Sloan School of Management
- Undergraduate and Graduate Business Courses include online lecture notes, videos, labs demonstrations and more. No registration is required and more than 150 courses are available.
The U.S. Small Business Administration
The Small Business Administration has one of the best selections of business courses on the web. Topics include everything from starting a business and business management to government contracting and international trade. Most courses take only 30 minutes to complete.
- Financing Options for Small Businesses centers around determining financial needs, loans, grants, venture capital, angel investors, crowd funding and more.
- Strategic Planning looks at the significance of strategic planning while breaking down the steps of the process.
Free Management Library
- The Free Nonprofit Micro-eMBA(SM) Program is a great resource for students wishing to learn more about nonprofit management. Completion of this program will not result in an MBA degree, but enrollment is free. The amount of time it takes to complete the program will depend on how fast you learn, but you may expect to spend at least 200 hours on coursework.
University of California Irvine
The University of California Irvine offers several free business courses in English and Spanish through their OpenCourseWare site. Courses are broken down into lessons, and include optional reading lists for students who want to dig deeper into the course subjects.
- Fundamentals of Business Analysis focuses on the function of a business analyst within the operating of an organization.
- Training and Human Resource Development breaks down the information and experience needed to pick out an organization's training and development needs while looking into the related processes.
Financial Management Training Center Courses
The Financial Management Training Center provides 20 free downloadable business courses for people who need to learn the finer points of financial management. All courses can be taken online. They include full exams as well as evaluation forms for people seeking Continuing Professional Education (CPE) credits.
- The Management of Capital provides a basic overview of navigating a company's financial structure.
- Creating Value through Financial Management serves as an introduction to concepts related to Value Based Finance.
- Project Management introduces the concept and components of project management.
Kutztown University - Small Business Development Center
- Strategic Planning and Execution Course presents strategies for crafting and executing business visions, mission statements and goals. The SBDC also provides strategic planning software free to all course participants.
University of California Berkeley
The University of California Berkeley offers a new selection of business courses each semester. Courses are lecture-based and typically include either audio or video or both.
- Business Administration Videos are uploaded to the school's YouTube page often. Videos are presented by leading business experts such and cover topics like leadership, investment strategies and behavioral economics.
- Introduction to Probability and Statistics for Business teaches students about descriptive statistics, probability models, confidence intervals, controlled experiments vs. observational studies, tests of significance, correlation and regression.