Associate Degree in Energy Healing

Oct 10, 2019

Essential Information

In addition to general education courses, associate programs in integrative health and healing offer core topics such as health and wellness coaching, energy healing, holistic healing, and the human body. Students interested in becoming energy healers will have various opportunities to learn how to use the body's natural energy flows to reduce stress and pain.

Associate Degree in Integrative Health & Healing

Applicants will typically need a high school diploma or equivalent to be admitted to one of these 60-credit programs. An associate's degree program in integrative health and healing may prepare students to use energy healing to treat illnesses and other ailments in order to help clients feel more balanced. Relevant topics focus on identifying and redirecting the energy flows in a patient's body to promote healing and improve quality of life.

Some schools allow students to transfer credits from or to other educational programs. Students also may complete internships for hands-on experience. Coursework in an integrated health and healing program features various energy healing topics, including:

  • Business ethics for holistic healers
  • Movement therapies
  • Mind and body integration
  • Reiki
  • Introduction to Qi gong
  • Therapeutic Touch

Popular Career Options

Individuals with a degree in integrated health and healing may pursue entry-level work in health-related careers. Employment opportunities might be found in private practices or clinics. Potential jobs may include:

  • Energy healer
  • Massage therapist
  • Holistic therapist

Information about massage therapists provided by the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) shows that this group could expect to see 22% employment growth over the 2018-2028 period. These professionals earned a median annual salary of $41,420 as of May 2018. Among the highest paid therapists were those employed by the psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals, as well as individual and family services.

Continuing Education and Licensing Information

There is no licensing requirement to become an energy healer, although massage therapists must obtain a state license before they may work in the field. An associate's degree in integrated health and healing may transfer into a bachelor's degree program, depending on the university. Because energy healing training varies from one modality to another, some practitioners may join professional organizations which provide additional training and continuing education. These groups also lobby for growing mainstream recognition for this field.

Associate programs in integrative health and healing will likely cover several topics relevant to energy and holistic healing, preparing students for work in private practices as energy healers, massage therapists, and/or holistic therapists, among other avenues. Depending on career goals, students may need to attain licensure before beginning employment.

Next: View Schools
Created with Sketch. Link to this page

Popular Schools

The listings below may include sponsored content but are popular choices among our users.

Find your perfect school

What is your highest level of education?