Share Your Best Student Money Tip to Win a Laptop
We know that students spend a lot of money to attend school. With the expenses of tuition, textbooks and extracurricular activities, students need as much help as they can get. To help students find new ways to save money, we are having a Twitter contest to find out your best money-saving tips.
It's not too late to enter! You have until October 14th to tweet us your student money-saving tips. Find out how to enter at the bottom of this page.
We have gotten a lot of great entries and want to share some of our favorites so far. Use these tips to save money and help stay out of student debt!
5 Great Money-Saving Tips
Literally put your credit and debit cards in a block of ice if you are in impulse shopper, says @Alishahndra.
Use the Freecycle Network to furnish dorms/apartments. It's all about reuse! says @DinaJ.
Always ask for student rates for movie admission, fitness centers, ski resorts, public transit, says @g0r0r0.
Check with your roommate and split some of the necessities, no need to buy double of things, says @saraminda.
Walk or take transit - limiting your car usage will save you on gas money! says @helyn4.
What are the ways that YOU save money while at school? We really want to know!
How to Win:
- Follow us on Twitter.
- Submit your best tip(s) as a tweet to @Study.com using the #EPTips hastag. No hashtag means no entry!
- Contest is not limited to students. Anyone can submit a tip.
- Multiple submissions are allowed.
- Study.com will choose the winner based on our own criteria.
- All winners agree to supply a photo and have their name and photo used for promotional purposes.
- Only people who follow us will be considered for the prizes.
- Winners will be contacted via Twitter (you need to follow us so we can Direct Message you).
- Winners need to respond within five days of being contacted or a new winner will be chosen.
- The tips and exact text of all submissions can be published on Study.com with no additional compensation.
- Winners must have a U.S. mailing address.