Many schools offer online marketing programs, typically at the graduate level, although there are some undergraduate programs.
Boston University (BU), Bellevue University and Worcester Polytechnic Institute (WPI) are all highly ranked by U.S. News and World Report, and each offers a master's degree program in marketing online. The program at BU focuses on international marketing, while the focus of WPI's program is on the function of technology in marketing. Bellevue's focus is strategic marketing. Read on to find out more.
Boston University - Boston, MA
|School Highlight: Boston University's MS in International Marketing Management offers students the opportunity to interact with other students and professionals from Asia, Europe and South America.|
BU was ranked #11 on the 2019 U.S. News & World Report list of best online graduate business programs. In addition to traditional classroom instruction, BU has a distance education program offering a Master of Science (MS) in International Marketing Management. Students study e-commerce, database analysis, advertising, promotional skills, marketing research and web design in a program that emphasizes the international market. Along with the online master's program, Boston University offers an online graduate certificate program in international marketing.
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - Worcester, MA
|School Highlight: Worcester Polytechnic Institute is one of the nation's oldest technical institutes.|
WPI was ranked #64 among national universities by U.S. News and World Report as of 2019. The MS in Marketing and Technological Innovation (MSMTI) at WPI is available through the Robert A. Foisie School of Business. Offering courses both online and in the classroom, this 36-credit-hour program focuses on developing and marketing products and services. It also prepares students to recognize and meet the needs of technology-oriented environments. Some courses offered in this program cover topics that include marketing management, digital marketing, marketing research and entrepreneurship.
Bellevue University in Bellevue, NE
|School Highlight: Bellevue University has an online accelerated degree completion bachelor's program in marketing management, and an in-class and online MS program in strategic marketing.|
Bellevue University was ranked #114-#150 on the 2019 U.S. News & World Report list of best online graduate business programs, and #230 among the best online bachelor's programs. The strategic marketing master's program is available in the cohort format, meaning students take one course at a time. A bachelor's degree is also available in the same format.
Top Online Marketing Schools
These schools also offer online marketing programs:
- Located in Mississippi State, MS, Mississippi State University's College of Business offers Master of Business Administration (MBA) programs online that include some marketing coursework.
- Northeastern University in Boston, MA, has an accredited online MBA program that offers a specialization in marketing.
- University of Colorado at Colorado Springs in Colorado Springs, CO, offers marketing as an area of emphasis option in the online MBA program; a 12-hour online Graduate Certificate program in marketing also available.
- University of North Texas in Denton, TX, has an MBA in Marketing offered online; joint MBA/MS options are available in engineering technology.
- University of Wisconsin - Whitewater in Whitewater, WI, has an online MBA program with an emphasis in marketing that can be taken full time or part time.
Boston University, Worcester Polytechnic Institute and Bellevue University are three notable schools that have online programs in marketing or business with marketing concentrations. In addition to a program's rankings, students may consider the different areas of study available.