Most of the schools in the Dallas area that offer project management or similar studies are for-profit institutions. Based on distinction, school type and student population, the following university is considered a top school in the Dallas area for project management degree programs:
- Winner: The University of Texas at Arlington is the only public school and the largest postsecondary institution near Dallas that provides studies relating to project management. Students can select an operations management concentration in both the Bachelor and Master of Business Administration programs.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Texas at Arlington|
|Distinction||Named a Best in the West university by The Princeton Review (2014)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Tuition (2013-2014)||Undergrad: $8,878 (in state); $17,374 (out-of-state)**|
|Operations Management Degrees Offered||Bachelor's and master's|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||40%**|
|Noteworthy||Undergraduate business programs rank #133 among national universities (2015)***; recognized as a best business school by The Princeton Review (2014)*|
Sources: *University of Texas at Arlington; **NCES College Navigator; ***U.S. News and World Report
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Actuarial Sciences
- Business and Commerce, General
- Business Statistics
- Customer Service Management
- Logistics, Distribution, and Materials Management
- Management Science
- Office Management
- Operations Management
- Public and Nonprofit Organizational Management
- Purchases, Acquisitions, and Contracts Management
- Transportation Management
The University of Texas at Arlington
- Study abroad opportunities are available to honors students
- Goolsby Leadership Academy offers students the opportunity to build leadership skills through special projects and internships
- MBA program offers flexible options including full- and part-time studies, evening classes and a 2-year study plan
The University of Texas at Arlington is a 4-year, public institution with a student body exceeding 33,000 students. The university offers nearly 190 bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs. Though the university does not offer a program specifically focusing on project management, students will find relevant courses in the operations management concentrations provided at the bachelor's and master's degree levels.
The Bachelor of Business Administration in Operations Management requires standard courses uniform to all Bachelor of Business Administration degrees at UT Arlington, including oral communications, history, fine art, mathematics and English. Relevant coursework such as operations planning, quality analysis, logistics management and supply chain management are among the required and elective courses offered in the operations management curriculum. Students can choose a course in project management from among electives in this concentration.
Students seeking the Master of Business Administration in Operations Management gain knowledge of multinational supervision and organization principles and acquire skills necessary to perform analytical research, time studies and resource allocation. This master's degree program also provides the ability to interface with professionals in other disciplines working on the same project. Courses include operations control, organizational research and global supply chains.