School and Ranking Information
The 10 schools within a 15-mile radius of Dallas with academic programs in the discipline are mostly 4-year non-profit and for-profit schools, while the minority are public 2-year schools. Most schools cover technology management in their information technology programs. Based on school type, program offerings, and student services, the following is viewed as one of the best schools in the area for technology management:
- Winner: University of Texas at Dallas, located in Richardson, is a public 4-year school that offers a variety of programs in the discipline. UT Dallas offers undergraduate and graduate programs in information technology.
School Info Chart
|Category||University of Texas at Dallas|
|Rankings||Tied for #145 for National Universities (2015)*|
|School Type||4-year, public|
|Undergraduate Tuition & Fees (2013-2014)||$10,864 (in-state), $26,038 (out-of-state)**|
|Information Technology Programs Offered||Bachelor's, Master's, Doctorate|
|Information Science Degrees Awarded (Master's) in 2013||159**|
|Undergraduate Graduation Rate (in 150% of normal degree time) for 2007 Entering Class||63%**|
|Noteworthy||Students can join the Association for Information Systems at UT Dallas***|
Sources: *U.S. News & World Report, **NCES College Navigator, ***UT Dallas website
Find schools that offer these popular programs
- Information Systems Security
- Networking Management
- Systems Administration
- Webmaster and Multimedia Management
University of Texas at Dallas
- UT Dallas has a research center for information technology and management as well as for supply networks
- The management school is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business
- UT Dallas' management school is the biggest of the institution's schools, offering numerous scholarships and student groups
The enrollment at UT Dallas has more than doubled since the year 2000. Students can find more than 250 student groups to get involved with while attending the university. This institution has a total of 7 schools, including the School of Management.
The School of Management at UT Dallas offers undergraduates a Bachelor of Science in Information Technology and Systems. All students enrolled in this program take a course on systems analysis, and among the numerous options are Java programming, data warehouses and an internship. The Master of Science in Information Technology and Management may be completed either on campus or online, and has courses such as data management and communications. Among the available concentrations for the MS are business intelligence and IT consulting. The PhD in Management Science with an information systems concentration includes information systems seminars, two research papers and a dissertation.